VMware Cloud Community
JMRK
Contributor
Contributor

Adding an ESX server to a Clariion storage group

I have a Clariion CX4-240 that I have been using with my Windows servers. I have a Dell 1750 with an Emulex LP982 that I want to use to access drives on the Clariion. I've installed ESX server 3.5.0 Update 3 on the server.

How do I add drivers to the ESX server so that I can see the ESX server in the Navisphere configuration software? If drivers aren't needed, how do I get the ESX server to register itself with the Clariion so I can add it to a storage group?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

The LP982 is supported in ESX 3.5, so the drivers are already included. You'll have to check your SAN zoning/masking to see if you added the ESX HBA to your fabric, so the array and the ESX host can see each other.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
happyhammer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

you can either install the navisphere agent or register these manually. to register manually - providing you have your zoning configured correctly you can then go to navisphere

right click SAN and UPDATE NOW - then Right Click CONNECTIVITY - Status you will see then non registered HBA's, select the 4 entries for HBA and register, the hosts initiator type clariion open(at least on the cx3) can then be placed in a storage group

JMRK
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for pointing me toward installing the Navi agent on the ESX

server. I'm a Windows guy so I sometimes forget about the linux

versions of the software we use.

I downloaded and installed the Linux version of the Navisphere agent and started the agent. My server is showing up in the Navisphere configuration.

0 Kudos