VMware Cloud Community
acidack
Contributor
Contributor

Adding additional storage to ESX 3 setup issues with HP MSA 60 (SAS Direct Attached Storage Shelf)

Hi.

We are trying to add as additional storage a HP MSA 60 (SAS Direct Attached Storage Shelf)

I can see the HP Smartarray P800 array controller in the Storage Adapters option under Configuration. However, I cannot see any details about the sie of the disks, which is setup as RAID6 to 2TB

When I try to add addional new Data Storage,nothing shows up. I have rebooted already. I was able to setup the RAID so the conneciton is not an issue.

Please help!

Sumit

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BDorroh
Contributor
Contributor

It sounds like you haven't formatted the LUN yet.

In the ACU on a windows box, you should have already created your Array and then setup your logical drive. Keep your LUNs under 2TB, which is the limit for ESX. Present your storage to the host (if you're using SSP.)

If it looks good in the ACU, then go back into the VIC, select your host, then click the Configuration tab at the top. Choose Storage Adapaters. Generally speaking, the raw LUN will show up here. If not, click the RESCAN link in the upper right corne. You really can't go anywhere until the storage adapter sees the storage. If it still doesn't see it then i would guess you haven't correctly presented the storage to the host (SSP.) If the adapaters DO see it here, then you can now go to the Storage link and add the storage.Once you're able to ad the storage, you can finish up by formatting the LUN via the wizard.

0 Kudos