VMware Cloud Community
rayan68
Contributor
Contributor

Add Host to Cluster

when I tried to add host to cluster , during the wizard it asked me about Virtual Machine Resources , first option "Put all of this host's virtual machines in the cluster's root resource pool , resource pools currently present on the host will be deleted"

second option is "Create a new resource pool for this host 's virtual machines and resource pools , this preserves thehost's current resource pool hierachy" , I didn't configure any RP in my cluster , so which option I have to choose"

0 Kudos
6 Replies
rayan68
Contributor
Contributor

Ok guys , I move already the host and I choose the first option , but I got error massage saying " HA agent on the host "the one I add it new " in my cluster has an error , any idea ?

0 Kudos
Yattong
Expert
Expert

Do you have any resource pools on your host? If not, then it doesnt matter which one you choose.

The option allows you to automatically create the resource pools in to the cluster, that are already on the host and keep the hosts vms in that resource pool.

The first option allows you to move the vms on the host into a resources pool already created in the cluster.

Good luck.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points ~y
0 Kudos
Yattong
Expert
Expert

How many hosts are in your cluster? If this is the first node, then disable HA until you have at least 2 nodes.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points ~y
Yattong
Expert
Expert

How many hosts are in your cluster? If this is the first node, then disable HA until you have at least 2 nodes in the cluster.

rayan68
Contributor
Contributor

I have 2 host in the cluster , the new one is the 3rd one , it showing that it's added already but in the summery tab there is note " Configuration issues" " HA agent on the host "ip of the host in the cluster " cluster name " has an error , and the host has red alarm

0 Kudos
rayan68
Contributor
Contributor

OK , I found the problem where is it, the reverse DNS name was not resolve , I just add reverse name for the host and reconfigure the HA again and everything looks fine

0 Kudos