VMware Edu & Cert Community
jackluke
Contributor
Contributor

got my first VMware certification VCA4-DT

Hi everyone, I am new in the forum and almost few days ago, also following your tips, I have passed my first VMware certification VCA-DT with an enough good score, the exam was not at all easy as I expected, anyway hope to become a VCP too in the next future.

Thanks.

VCADT-384
0 Kudos
10 Replies
joshodgers
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Congrats!

Best of luck on your VCP and the VCP4-DT!

Josh Odgers | VCDX #90 | Blog: www.joshodgers.com | Twitter @josh_odgers
slaclair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Congrats!  I was actually surprised on the difficulty of that exam when I took it in June 2011.  Architecting/Administering View wasn't my #1 job role but that test sort of surprised me on the difficulty level given that it was a "VCA".

Some people say that they passed an exam by the skin of their teeth, well I definitely did on this one... I scored 300 exactly haha.  Pat yourself on the back for a successful pass!

VCAP5-DCD/DCA/CIA, VCA4-DT
jasonboche
Immortal
Immortal

Congratulations and best of luck as you pursue VCP.

I failed the VCA4-DT by 1 or 2 questions.  Spending more time in the View admin console and having a photographic memory goes a long way in passing this exam.

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Congratulations and Welcome to the Community -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

Congrats. IMHO I've found the VCP-DT simplest than the VCA.

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
gmrp
Contributor
Contributor

Congratulations. 

Even I am intrsted to clear the  certification, kindly suggest teh best reading tips with any dumps if available.

thanks

0 Kudos
gmrp
Contributor
Contributor

BTW, is the similar certification available on View V5??

0 Kudos
jasonboche
Immortal
Immortal

Do you want to learn the content and use your skills proudly in the work place or do you want to pass an exam by memorizing brain dumps (which are a breach of NDA confidentiality)?

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
0 Kudos
slaclair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I will personally never understand why people cheat exams, either way I think this particular exam blueprint only covers one PDF which wasn't even 300 pages if I correctly recall.

VCAP5-DCD/DCA/CIA, VCA4-DT
0 Kudos
abirhasan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Congratulation  !!!

abirhasan 
0 Kudos