VMware Edu & Cert Community
jepoytengco
Contributor
Contributor

VMware certification path

Hi,

I'm planning to take if ever my first VMware certification and I'd like to get some inputs about the certification path for VMware. Though I did some research and asked a few peers about this and I was advised to take as an entry level VCA-DCV. And if ever I take this, what will be the ideal path in continuation of the cert path?

Thanks

Jeff

3 Replies
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VCA-DCV is no longer available. You can directly start with VCP-DCV but if this your very first VMware Certification then training is mandatory. Refer this post you will get some idea Virtualization The Future: VMware Certification Tracks and Levels Explained

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The only VCA now is in Digital Business Transformation (DBT).

What‘s your incentive for gaining a certification? If it’s to enhance your opportunity in working at a technical level with VMware products, look at the VCPs rather than the VCA.

Each VCP (there are 4) has certain requirements, although they change once you’ve gained your first one.

Certification

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jepoytengco
Contributor
Contributor

Yes scott28tt, the objective is to enhance my technical skills to be able to handle and be capable of managing/admin of an infrastructure. Thanks for the input guys, will look into the VCP

and thanks to RanjnaAggarwal for pointing out that VCA has been out and VCP is the new one.

Thanks

Jeff

0 Kudos