VMware Edu & Cert Community
seansobey
Contributor
Contributor

VCP5-DCV & VCA5-DCV self study question

I recently started my self study for the VCP5-DCV..... A coworker recently showed me I can not self study for the VCP exams and to get a VMWare voucher I need to spend 3500 dollars on approved training, a bill I can not afford to front. So I am left with taking the VCA5-DCV exam as VMWare has yet to put such prerequisites on this exam.... My question is this, if I continue to self study for the VCP5-DCV exam will it make me more prepared to take the VCA5-DCV exam or will I have to change my study program?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You should be able to pass the VCA-DCV with the knowledge from the free "Fundamentals" training, studying for the exam for VCP-DCV will take you way beyond that level of knowledge.

And yes it is true that VCP-DCV has a training requirement.

I would suggest taking a look at these 2 pages: (VCA-DCV) VCA-Data Center Virtualization  and (VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos