VMware Edu & Cert Community
HarryOz
Contributor
Contributor

VCA6 Blueprints

I have noticed this on the VCA6-DCV and VCA6-NV that they don't have any Blueprints, are we to go off of the VCA (version5) Blueprints?

Have the VCAs (version5) Blueprints been modified to reflect the new version or is VMware coming out with new Blueprints for the VCA6s?

:smileyconfused:

Tags (2)
6 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Harry,

Welcome to VMware Communities,

The blueprint will almost remain the same. Since it's a basic level exam and just talks about how VMware products solve the issues of data center with it's products.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

‌There are no PDF blueprints, but they exam objectives are still published - tthe Exam Topics tab on the page for the exam has them: https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=64780&ui=www_cert

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
andynash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Follow on question for Scott

I have a similar question as I too have been looking for Blueprints

As I’ve completed the VMware Network Virtualization Fundamentals I am not sure whether to take, the V5 VCA-NV or the V6 VCA6-NV (as there would appear to be no difference in the recommended preparation)

I currently hold 3 v5 VCA so this begs the question Do VCA V5 certifications count as V6 certifications?

VCA-DCV = VCA6-DCV
VCA-Cloud = VCA6-CMA
VMA-WM = VCA6-DTM

Only the recommended study (the fundamentals courses) appears to be the same for both so I can only assume the questions are the same (or at least the same pool of questions)

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't think so, no.

If they did, your transcript would say so.

The only example I know of where that's happened is VCP-NV - if you hold it you are automatically a VCP6-NV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
JBaileyTX
Contributor
Contributor

Scott,

Your link points to a maintenance page that says:

My VMware Improvements in Progress

Important Announcement

My VMware is being updated with important customer improvements and will be back online shortly.

Can you give us a clue about what to expect?

Thanks for your help here!

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

‌There have been some site issues, which are now resolved - the link works fine again now.