VMware Edu & Cert Community
Virtual97
Contributor
Contributor

VCA Exams ceretificates

Hi

after passing the new VCA exam like cloud/DCV/WM,,,, shall we get a hard-copy certificate from VMware, if yes, then in how many business days they deliver to candidates?

17 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Yes we shall get the certificates Smiley Wink

Yes the hard copy of the certificates will be mailed to your address. it will  take around a 6-8 weeks. Have you completed your Shipping address confirmation? 

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
Virtual97
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Abhilash,

where can i find my shipping address? cause  i am not seeing this in my profile?

0 Kudos
maishsk
Expert
Expert

It should be in your Mylearn profile.

Maish Saidel-Keesing • @maishsk • http://technodrone.blogspot.com • VMTN Moderator • vExpert • Co-author of VMware vSphere Design
0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

When did you finish the exam?. It takes 6-8 hours after you finish the exam for the shipping address confirmation mail to come to you.

If it's been more than a day and you haven't got a mail you can confirm the address by logging into your mylearn Account and find it under training plans. After you confirm it will take 6-8 weeks for the certification to reach you.

Abhilash B

0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Certificate*

Abhilash B

0 Kudos
rhaslund
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I received mine after 4 weeks here in Denmark (Europe).

Grim192
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Should we get a pdf certificate show up under myTranscript ?

0 Kudos
Snoej
Contributor
Contributor

Weird. It's been like 4 weeks ago and I haven't received anything. Didn't get a shipping confirmation e-mail or anything, but my address is correctly put into my profile. I should be more patient, I guess.

0 Kudos
Mamidi
Contributor
Contributor

One of my friends told me that VCA is online exam and free of cost....Is it true?

0 Kudos
Gav0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Snoej - have you checked that there are no 'outstanding tasks' under Transcripts in your mylearn account?

When I passed my VCP there was about 5 things you had to do in there - one of which was to validate your shipping address

Please award points to your peers for any correct or helpful answers
0 Kudos
Gav0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Mamidi - Yes its an online (Open book) exam.  There was a 100% discount for the exam at launch which then went down to 50% but I believe these all expired at the end of January

Please award points to your peers for any correct or helpful answers
0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Mamidi - The VCA exam is delivered online, but it is not free.

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
0 Kudos
BonezAU
Contributor
Contributor

I just completed the exam this morning and passed.

I also (like a poster above) would like to know if I will receive a PDF certificate, and if so, how long does it take before I can see it in the myTranscript area? Even without the pdf, how long should I expect to wait for the results to show on the Vmware website?

0 Kudos
Mamidi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello lilesj & GavO - Thanks for your reply....

0 Kudos
Mamidi
Contributor
Contributor

What is the difference between VCA & VCP - are both has same weightage?

Are there any dumps available to complete the exam?

0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes, you'll receive a PDF certificate that you can print or share electronically. It will be located in your MyLearn account in your transcript area. Please allow 24-48 hours for the exam results to show up in your record (though it's usually much faster).

0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The VCA exams are designed to test your knowledge and understanding of the concepts, where the VCP exams are designed to test your skills and ability at actually implementing the solutions.

0 Kudos