VMware Edu & Cert Community
RatBoyGL
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to find VCA cert info for the Data Center Virtualization Track

So I am interested in trying to obtain the VCP-DCV (Data Center Virtualization) cert.

The first requirement is to pass the VCA Certification exam.

Are these the correct pages for that VCA Certification Exam for the DCV track?

VMware Certified Associate - Digital Business Transformation (VCA-DBT) | United States

VMware Certified Associate - Digital Business Transformation (VCA-DBT) Exam | United States

5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you want to do the DCV track, you can find that page here.

0 Kudos
RatBoyGL
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I found that page.  Thanks.

But that page was referring to the Associate level first.

That is the prep info, etc, that I was looking for.

I have since found that the first cert (Associate) is VCA-DBT for all the tracks.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

That's correct, however the first requirement to gain VCP-DCV certification is not to pass the VCA (as stated in that page).

0 Kudos
RatBoyGL
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, thanks.

So even though it shows it in the picture of the track on the upper right, it's not required?

Good to know..

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The DBT is the only VCA these days.

There used be separate VCAs for DCV, DTM, CMA, and NV - but they were all retired.

VCA-DBT is totally independent of any of the VCP (or higher) level certifications - you don't have to achieve VCA-DBT as a pre-requisite to any of the VCPs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog