VMware Edu & Cert Community
mirbali
Contributor
Contributor

Passed VCA-DCV Today

It was very easy, e-learning video & exam objective documents are enough.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Congratulations, and Welcome to the Community.

What's next? VCP5-DCV?

André

0 Kudos
mirbali
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Yes, next is VCP, but training is very expensive.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
ot_o
Contributor
Contributor

Congratulations,

i have 2 questions:

1. how much it cost

2. link "exam objective documents"

0 Kudos
mirbali
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
ot_o
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
shades201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Congratulations, well done. I passed my (VCAD-DCV 510) this morning also, on-line. Smiley Happy

Here comes my rant though:

I found it a bit too easy, particularly as it is a paid ($130) on-line course (in my case hosted by Pearson Vue), but then, I've studied many of the freely available VMware courses on-line (VSP/VTSP) prior and have proper experience with VMware. The exam just seemed too general knowledge, and seemed like: line the correct product/service up with the business requirement, or functionality, which is certainly part of VMware life, but I was expecting more questions, and certainly more detailed questions for a VCA level. The on-line VTSP5 exams difficulty, made it look like a pop-quiz.

I could have passed it easily, without even studying the VCA-DCV specific course. Which I realised after the first 5 questions or so.

I feel the VCA-DCV 510 needs to be more intermediate level, like the new VCA-NV (Network Virtualization VCAN610) new course. It just didn't make me think very much, which is what an exam should do. It does reinforce very basic DCV knowledge, and that's about it.

I would like to see it filling the gap better between the free VMware University education, VSP/VTSP etc. (Some of which is actually extremely detailed), and the VCP level qualifications.

I don't see much benefit if VMware exams become too easy as some of the Microsoft offerings are, and salesman can pass them easily. That takes away from a technical stream somewhat, and devalues what a VCA should mean.

I've looked over the VCAN610 course already, and it is a lot more detailed, and I expect the exam will be reasonably short, but harder, and will test knowledge better. So you get this disparity, with one VCA being harder than another...

0 Kudos