VMware Edu & Cert Community
ilya8cg
Contributor
Contributor

Need help getting VCTA-DCV certification

Hello, I'm working with ESXI 7.0 and I'm interested in basic certification. As I understand it, now i need to obtain the following certificate: “VMware Certified Technical Associate - Data Center Virtualization 2022 (VCTA-DCV)”, but I do not fully understand how this needs to be done exactly.

Regarding this certificate, I am interested in the following questions:

1. Do I need to take the “VMware Data Center Virtualization: Core Technical Skills” course for certification?
  2. Is the VMware Data Center Virtualization: Core Technical Skills course free and does it require a Premium subscription? https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/courses.cfm?ui=www_edu&a=one&id_subject=82786
  3. Do I need a Premium subscription to get "VMware Certified Technical Associate - Data Center Virtualization 2022 (VCTA-DCV)" certification?
  4. Is it possible to take the exam and get the certificate "VMware Certified Technical Associate - Data Center Virtualization 2022 (VCTA-DCV)" from home or work - online?
  5. Can I get this certificate from Kazakhstan?

Sorry for some simple questions, but I'm new to this resource and don't understand it very well. Thank you.

2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Most answers are here on the VCTA-DCV page: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcta-dcv.html

1. It is recommended but not a hard requirement - how you learn what is needed to pass the exam is up to you.

2. As per the VCTA-DCV page, the Core Technical Skills training requires a Premium or Enterprise subscription.

3. Answered via points 1 and 2 combined - you need a Premium or Enterprise subscription if you decide you want to take the Core Technical Skills training, otherwise you won't.

4. VMware offer remote proctoring for exams such as those for the VCTA.

5. Yes, Kazakhstan is not on the list of prohibited countries.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
ilya8cg
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you scott28tt! I suppose, it will be better to buy premium subscription in my case. Anyway, it will not be superfluous.

0 Kudos