VMware Edu & Cert Community
Don911
Contributor
Contributor

Is Elearning enough

Hi, I see that people are passing the test with the elearning and getting there certification.  When I look on the site and it shows you can sign up for classes and what the classes teach it seems way more in depth than the elearning of the fundamentals.Can someone please tell me if I were to pass the test and get my cert from the elearning, will that be enough to help me find and job and tech me what I need to know to do the job.Will I have the knowledge employers are looking for?

4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

IMO there's a huge difference between being certified and really understanding the products. A certification may certainly help, but I doubt that it will be enough for an employer. What I'd suggest is that - in addition to the online training - you at least build a test environment to become familiar with the everything, i.e. not only the VMware products but also networking, storage, backup, ...

Don't worry, you don't need expensive server hardware to build a lab, you can build a virtual lab on a properly equipped PC. Most of the required software is available for evaluation. For a sample, see Building the Ultimate vSphere Lab

André

Don911
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help, I will try to find a lab for VCA Cloud.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VCA certifications are very much entry-level - you can't expect 3 hours of eLearnIng and an exam you can do online to be too technical - what job do you think you would like to do?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Don911
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott I am new to the industry and know that cloud would be something good to specialize in, so I am trying to learn and do what I can to get into this knowledge.  Do you have any recommendations for me as far as where I can best learn to get every thing I will need entering into a job.

0 Kudos