VMware Edu & Cert Community
JimJonesWV
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Anybody having issues just registering for the exam?

I am trying to register for the test with a discount code e-mailed to me from VMware making the exam free.  Once I hit next at the exam payment portion I keep getting an application error.  I've tried multiple times and have also called Pearson Vue directly but their response is you must register for this exam online, you can't do it over the  phone.

Anybody else having this issue, is there a known work around?

Thanks,

Jim

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Jim,

In order to get the exam for free you need to add the discount code provided in your email by clicking the "add discount" link when you check out.

discount.jpg

and put your code in the box, then click "apply discount".

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

Remove the existing 50% off discount code before you add the new one.

If that doesn't work, empty your browser cache or try another browser.

lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Jim,

In order to get the exam for free you need to add the discount code provided in your email by clicking the "add discount" link when you check out.

discount.jpg

and put your code in the box, then click "apply discount".

0 Kudos
JimJonesWV
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was doing that but doing so was causing an error to occur when hitting next.  End result, I was able to get in touch with a tech support person who was able to order the test for me and apply it to my account.  I just passed the exam as well.

lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Okay, I'm glad it worked out. Sorry, that you had problems in the first place, but congratulations on passing!

0 Kudos
mjohnson21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you please tell me which tech support you talked to maybe a name? I have talked to VMware about this and they said they never heard of such a thing and told me to call Pearson Vue who had me call their tech support who told me to email them. Thanks

0 Kudos
JimJonesWV
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not VMware support, but Pearson Vue who actually delivers the exam.  The number they gave me to call was 866.752.7344, option 2.  I believe this to be an internal number in reality but they were able to help me.  Of course, make sure you start at VMware and get precertified for the exam first, but once they hand off to PV if you have the issues I did, this should help you.

0 Kudos
mjohnson21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nope going to have to wait for their tech support to email me back.

0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The number for PearsonVue customer support is

United States / Canada800-676-2797
Americas Region (Toll)+1-952-681-3872

They're aware of the web issue and working on a solution, but if you call they can take care of the problem off-line.

0 Kudos
mjohnson21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Ive tried VMware then called 800--676-2797 they sent me to 866-752-7344. Also now have tried 866.752.7344. They all say they have never heard of this no idea. So I have a email to their tech support. I will give an update when and if I get one.

0 Kudos
timrossjr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I received the same error. I cleared my browser history and cookies. I drank about 2 cups of coffee at 10:30PM preparing for this test and received this stupid error.  If pearson vue knew about this error at 1PM, please put  up a message so i don't have to waste my time.

, Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
mjohnson21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Call  866-752-7344 they now will schedule the exam over the phone for you. This is a joke on Pearson Vues part. I tried this all yesterday and they said they couldn't do it.

0 Kudos
saydur
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

did you get any feedback from tech support? what is their email address?

0 Kudos
kajtek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same problem with registration. I sent email to customer support.

The Customer Services team aim to provide you with a response within 5 working days but if your enquiry is of an urgent nature please telephone the Customer Services helpline where an advisor will be happy to help you. The relevant contact numbers are available via www.pearsonvue.com along with some frequently asked questions, which could provide you with the information you are looking for.

0 Kudos