VMware Edu & Cert Community
PEANG_SUY
Contributor
Contributor

vmware training and certification

Dear all,

I am already pass 2V0-01.19 and 2V0-21.19 before attend one of the required training courses. I am not available for travel to train at oversea and also not available 5days for online class. I want to purchase VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] - On Demand. So, I can study by myself when I’m available at weekend by access to content equivalent to classroom training and practice labs delivered through VMware lab connect. Does’s possible? Does VMware issue the certification to me? After I purchase and completed the course?

Moderator edit by wila: Moved to VMware VCP discussions

0 Kudos
11 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@PEANG_SUY 

Yes they should.

The order in which you complete each of the VCP requirements is not important, so long as each requirement is met using the same account / email address (otherwise you would have to email certification@vmware.com for them to link your training completion with your exam passes)

You can check this for yourself by choosing the "no VCP certifications (and want to test on vSphere 6.7)" path here: https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-dcv.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
PEANG_SUY
Contributor
Contributor

Hello 

if possible to purchase Self-paced Training and Digital Learning Subscriptions instead of join 

Self-paced Training and Digital Learning Subscriptions. it's the one of the prerequisite VCP?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The training options are on the link I posted in my previous reply.

There are On Demand versions of some of the courses, the Install Configure Manage course and the Optimize & Scale course - both for either vSphere 6.7 or vSphere 7.0.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
PEANG_SUY
Contributor
Contributor

hello @scott28tt 

I'm already attend one of the required training courses "VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V7] - On Demand" from vmware customer connect learning. 

here's my Transcript (SUY PEANG:vmw-02620877j-02583523)

PEANG_SUY_1-1616374859354.png

Can I continue for the exam Professional VMware vSphere 7.x (2V0-21.20)?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@PEANG_SUY 
Sounds to me like you’re now already a VCP-DCV 2021, you’ve met all the requirements of the “no VCP and want to test on vSphere 6.7” path on the page I first linked to.

Login to Certification Manager and check: https://mylearn.vmware.com/api/?mL_method=sso&h=1625&target=CertMetrics

Email certification@vmware.com in a couple of days if you don’t see a VCP in your Certification Manager.

PEANG_SUY
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @scott28tt ,

I already login, on Track Certificate Status, I don't see active certification yet.

I have pass following 6.7 on 25/01/2020. On 20/03/2021 I am successfully completed the attend training course from "VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V7] - On Demand"   VMware customer connect learning.

PEANG_SUY_0-1616392382842.png

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@PEANG_SUY 

Give it a couple of days, and if the VCP doesn’t show email certifcation@vmware.com

0 Kudos
PEANG_SUY
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for info @scott28tt 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
PEANG_SUY
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @scott28tt

Almost 9days, and i don't see certificate. I have email to certification@vmware.com, unfortunately no any feedback.

Just to see the confirm, i am completed all requirement to be qualify VCP?  

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
PEANG_SUY
Contributor
Contributor

@scott28tt , I am using VMware Connect Learning Basic Subscription. Finish the course VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V7] - On Demand from this subscription, The course completed without lab. 

Just to see the confirm completed from this subscription and pass the exam,  it's qualify to be VCP?  

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hmm, not sure what you mean by "without lab" as I thought you had to do labs as part of that training.

Did you "purchase" the course as it says on the page you linked to? https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/courses.cfm?ui=www_edu&a=one&id_subject=93893

I don't think the VMware Connect Learning Basic subscription includes any full courses that meet the VCP requirement.

0 Kudos