VMware Edu & Cert Community
annthtooaung
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vmWare certification

Can I kindly ask a question? The question is, Can I take vmWare exam without attending official training? Thanks!!

Labels (1)
  • i

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

Sure you can register and pass any exam without attending the training, but to receive the certificate you have to attend the trainings.

For each certificate there are specific requirements. you can check them through the following VMware Certifications portal:  https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification.html

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak

View solution in original post

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I'm going to assume you mean a "Professional" exam for a VCP certification, since it's that level of certifications which have a training requirement.

Yes, anyone can take a Professional exam.

But, as they will not have met the full requirements for the VCP, they will not be a VCP and cannot claim to be one.

If they then complete the training requirement for that VCP, they will be a VCP.

The order in which you complete the requirements is not important - exam then training OR training then exam BUT until you've completed all the requirements you are not a VCP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

8 Replies
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

Sure you can register and pass any exam without attending the training, but to receive the certificate you have to attend the trainings.

For each certificate there are specific requirements. you can check them through the following VMware Certifications portal:  https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification.html

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I'm going to assume you mean a "Professional" exam for a VCP certification, since it's that level of certifications which have a training requirement.

Yes, anyone can take a Professional exam.

But, as they will not have met the full requirements for the VCP, they will not be a VCP and cannot claim to be one.

If they then complete the training requirement for that VCP, they will be a VCP.

The order in which you complete the requirements is not important - exam then training OR training then exam BUT until you've completed all the requirements you are not a VCP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
annthtooaung
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for your information

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
annthtooaung
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for providing me information

0 Kudos
hadjer1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I will give the cheapest options to get VMware certification without paying for the official course:

Methode 1: Get VCP-VMC 

You can attend this official vmware course for free (course worth 2400 USD is free for a limited time): https://digitallearning.vmware.com/learn/course/2862

and then pass the VCP-VMC exam for 250 USD, you will then hold a VCP certification, and when you hold one you can pass other exams and take certification without attending another courses.

Methode 2: Get VCP-NV

You can pass Cisco CCNA exam and then take the VCP-NV for 250 USD, and same when you hold any VCP you can get other VCP certifications without the need to take the official course.

Hope that is useful !

Rosique7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi.

If I access the option Learning Path: Spring Certified Professional from the course list:

Rosique7_1-1697564114118.png

When I pass the second module it asks me to pay for the Pro version, and this message appears:

Rosique7_0-1697564093351.png

Says:
"Spring Academy Pro membership includes access to all courses in this Learning path and one (1) certification exam voucher per year. Upgrade today and unlock your path to certification."

Therefore, if I have one exam per year, can I take the 2V0-72.22 exam and have my VCP?

So, could you get the required training and exam for $299 by purchasing just one year of access to Spring Academy Pro?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I answered on the other post where you asked the same question.

0 Kudos
mhb4ever
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanxxxx

0 Kudos