VMware Edu & Cert Community
sadom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vcp5 update

I want to update a vcp certificate before joining the course. I have vcp5 certificate. I've read the steps from a few sites. What I want to learn is, can I take the vcp6.5/vcp/6.7 exam without going to training. then I want to get vcp7. I want to upgrade my certificate without attending training. If I want to buy the vcp6.5 or vcp6.7 exam right now, can I ? Do you know a method without participating in the training, which exams can I take and keep my certificate updated?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is no "VCP6.7" or "VCP7" - the current title is VCP-DCV 2020 and there are exams for both vSphere 6.7 and vSphere 7.0 associated with it.

To answer your question, there is no path for a VCP5-DCV holder to achieve VCP-DCV 2020 that does not include a training requirement.

Choose the "VCP5-DCV or Older" path on this page to confirm: VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization 2020 (VCP-DCV 2020)

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 13.04.57.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos