VMware Edu & Cert Community
tdubb123
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vcp 5 dcv expiring

i got vcp 5dcv expiring in july 08.

what do i need to do to upgrade to 6.5 vcp?

what if i let it expire what do i need to take to recertify in 6.5?

hat do i need now to upgrade to 6.5 before it expire next month

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, "recommended" is different from "required" (which is what the path states if you say your VCP has expired)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You will need to certify on another VCP exam, otherwise if it expires you'll be required to take a training class again.

0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

do you mean i do not . need to take a training class to upgradeto 6.5?

0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

does exam 2v0-622 allow me toupdate my cert to 6.5 vcp?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can select your path to VCP6.5-DCV here: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV)

Note that if you let your VCP5-DCV expire, things will be like you never had it - you would then need to take vSphere training and pass the same exams as a VCP newbie.

Here's the policy which confirms your general options to prevent expiry: Recertification Policy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thank you.  it says training course isrecommended. so if i pass the dcv 2v0-622 exam. i will be vcp 6.5 without taking a class correct?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, "recommended" is different from "required" (which is what the path states if you say your VCP has expired)

0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

yes vcp 5 dcv still valid until July.

but I want to avoid taking a class

So I will try to study and take the 2V0-622 exam

to get the VCP 6.5 dcv

0 Kudos