VMware Edu & Cert Community
wg2542
Contributor
Contributor

vcp 4 to vcp 5

Will the Install, Configure, and Manage 5.0 course satisfy the training require to upgrade or is the What's New course the only option?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
takecoffe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you are already VCP 4 then you just have to attend Vmware Vsphere : whats new training course. to qualify for VCP5-DCV exam.

Or other option is just attend Install, Configure, and Manage 5.0 course and Pass VCP5-DCV exam to

http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=12457&ui=www_cert

takecoffe

wg2542
Contributor
Contributor

That chart is the reason I'm confused. It says What's New is required. I am currently enrolled in an ICM class and just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time. I have not been working to much with VMware lately so I wanted to take the more comprehensive course.

0 Kudos
takecoffe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Whats new Course is only for those candidate who already taken or completed training course on VCP 4

you had option to choose What's new if you do not wanted to go for ICM course. ( it would save money and time )

ICM course is correct option for you as you worked on VMware Product . just like starting with fresh Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

IF you are already a VCP4 either course will allow you to receive your VCP5 DCV once you have passed the course - your logic makes sense if you have not been working with vSphere of late your will get a deeper exposure to vSphere 5 while the What's New Class will just present the changes and give brief labs to expose the differences.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful