VMware Edu & Cert Community
mdamda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere 6 Foundations Exam(Exam Number: 2V0-620)

Hi everyone, I have cleared the VCP6 but i did not receive the certification

I am done with the training.

I have cleared  VMware Certified Associate 6 – Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals Exam (Exam Number: 1V0-601) and then i have

written VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Exam(Exam Number: 2V0-621).

I did not receive certification, it has been more than 20 days

I did not write the exam vSphere 6 Foundations Exam(Exam Number: 2V0-620). Is this exam mandatory and is it online?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌If you had read the first reply above mine, you would know the answer to that.

This is the page for the exam: https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=64179&ui=www_cert

"Non-proctored" means it's taken online, no need to go to a test centre.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Congratulations for passing the VCP6-DCV exam.

If you are new to the VCP certification, then the Foundation exam is a requirement to become certified (see Path 1 in https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=64178&ui=www_cert‌). This page also shows the link to the Foundation Exam, and its format (Online).

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌Yes, you will need to pass the Foundations exam - your VCA counts for nothing as far as the VCP goes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
mdamda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

is the foundation exam online

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌If you had read the first reply above mine, you would know the answer to that.

This is the page for the exam: https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=64179&ui=www_cert

"Non-proctored" means it's taken online, no need to go to a test centre.

0 Kudos
mi76
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No need to go to testing center, but you still need to go through PearsonVUE in order to take the exam. Is that correct?

In general all exam through PearsonVUE are protected Taking an Online Proctored exam - YouTube

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes - PearsonVUE provide administration for all VMware exams, regardless of whether they are proctored or non-proctored.

0 Kudos