VMware Edu & Cert Community
routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere 6.7 Foundation Exam

Dear Friends,

I want to give foundation exam and i am studying through udemy.com course since official course is vert expensive

its not enough to study udemy course, books and HOL labs ?

Is it compulsory to buy vmware official course ? if yes why ?

udemy course saying you have to go through vmware official course .. i am not understanding.

please clarify what will happen if i DO NOT buy official course and give exam ?

Thank you!!!!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

By all means state that you have passed certain exams, that's your choice - so long as you don't claim to be certified when you are not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

To take the "Fountation" exam it is not necessary to buy any course. You can study on the material of version 6.7 or buy the book.

The exam also takes place online from your home.

For the VCP6x-DCV exam it is necessary to attend the official 5-day Vmware course.

VMware vSphere 6.7 Foundations Exam 2019

Training is recommended and not mandatory for the exam: 2V0-01.19

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/certification/vmw-2v0-01.19-exam-p...

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You have asked similar questions many times before:

VMware VCP DCV and NSX Training Institute in Bangalore, India

VCP DCV 6.7 Training

Re: VCP Certification

These are the requirements for VCP-DCV 2020: VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization 2020 (VCP-DCV 2020)

You either have met all the requirements, or you have not met them all - unless you have met them all you are not certified.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The Foundations exam on it's own (if it is all you do) achieves nothing.

0 Kudos
routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Dear Scott,

So official training is not compulsory for Foundation Exam but its required for VCP

but my point is buying course and spending 1100$ on official course is not at all affordable for example in indian rupees its coming to 79000/-  where our salaries also in 4 or 5 digits monthly...

so why vmware asking us to buy official course strictly in order to certified VCP ?

may i know why buying official course must purchase from Vmware ??

if we are not able to afford then dont you think its insane for lower income people ?

i am really concern on this.

thank you!!!

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

My point is that this shouldn't be coming to you as a surprise, given how many times you've asked or been told this before.

There's no point in ONLY doing the Foundations exam - it achieves nothing on it's own - so whether you need official training for it or not is irrelevant.

It's a VCP that you need official training for - it is 1 of the 3 firm requirements, as has been point out to you previously.

We've also previously swapped messages about the only exemption to that being for those who have certain Cisco certifications - there aren't any other exemptions no matter where in the world you are.

Pricing of training varies from country to country - look for a provider in India, or if you are funding your own training you might be able to take the training with an academic establishment (college, university) rather than a commercial training provider.

routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thx.. well in that case, i dont need any official certificate from vmware.. only marksheet and relevant knowledge will be enough to write in cv

thanks.. hiring companies are enough matured to understand..

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

By all means state that you have passed certain exams, that's your choice - so long as you don't claim to be certified when you are not.

0 Kudos
routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

if vmware reduce course fees at least for on -demand, people or i will try to manage money to subscribe.. but 1100 for on demand is too much...

really..

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Even 4 years ago India had the second-largest number of VCPs of any country:

Where in the World are VCPs? [Infographic]

0 Kudos
routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ok Thank you Scott for all your time and clarifying my concerns ...really appreciated.

0 Kudos