VMware Edu & Cert Community
kaseeve
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere 6.0 Configuration Max Discrepancy

Hello All,

I am seeking some clarification on an inconsistency that i have found in the learning material. I am preparing for the foundations exam and i was watching the video on the my learn website.In the section for vSphere 6.0 Configuration Maximums it states that the maximum vms per host is 2048 (see image below), and regular documentation and google searches say this value is 1024. I would appreciate it if anyone  from vmware  can inform me as to which is incorrect as i am wondering if this was increased from 1024-2048 in an update and the documentations were not updated, or if the video is in fact incorrect. Thank you in advance for your swift feedback

vsphere_conf_max.JPG

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

seems some error in this recorded course slide.

vSphere 6 config. max document is anyway stating 1024 VMs max per ESXi 6 host. and that can be validated at various different official VMware sources.

https://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere6/r60/vsphere-60-configuration-maximums.pdf

I understand, this confusion is purely because both the things are coming from official VMware sources, but since I have taught variety of vSphere 6 official courses and everywhere it is stated as 1024 VMs per ESXi 6 host.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

seems some error in this recorded course slide.

vSphere 6 config. max document is anyway stating 1024 VMs max per ESXi 6 host. and that can be validated at various different official VMware sources.

https://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere6/r60/vsphere-60-configuration-maximums.pdf

I understand, this confusion is purely because both the things are coming from official VMware sources, but since I have taught variety of vSphere 6 official courses and everywhere it is stated as 1024 VMs per ESXi 6 host.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
kaseeve
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your swift response with this, i was getting a bit worried but i will now ignore that error in the video. Thanks again greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Always go with the product documentation - it is used by the team when creating exam items.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos