VMware Edu & Cert Community
jrwininger
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere 5.5

Will vSphere 5.5 require updated VCP or VCAP certs?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I don't think so. In the past, the certifications were always bound to a major release, and I think this will be the same with 5.5. However, I guess that at least the blueprint/exam contents will change, to cover only features which are common across all 5.x versions.

André

0 Kudos
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

No Update to the certification was mentioned anywhere. As  Andre mentioned VCP exam may be updated with vSphere 5.5 but no news yet on that

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

If you want to use history as a guide, VCP3 had a refresh when 3.5 came out but it wasn't an "upgrade" more of a "resetting the level" to 3.5 (all questions/answers correct for 3.5).

The cert name didn't change and there was no upgrade process until VCP4.

0 Kudos
vDeepak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi All,

Do we have any official VMware response on this. I am currently VCP -DCV 510 and would like to know after vSphere 5.5 release, do i need to upgrade my Certification ? Or my currently held certification is still valid until a major release by VMware?

I remember, in earlier days ; we had to upgrade our Exam from VCP 410 to 510 after vSphere 5 was released and the offer was untill next year Jan/Feb (If we do not want to attend mandatory training courses).. i would like to be double sure so that there will be no confusion after jan/feb 2014 that i have to attend any mandatory upgrade training course and clear the new certification (IF ANY).

Is there any similar story this time with vSphere 5.5?

Thanks

Deepak

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

5.5 is a "step" release, the certification will still be called "VCP5-DCV" and will not require upgrading your VCP.  Existing 5.x classes that previously met the class requirements for VCP5/VCP5-DV/VCP5-DCV will continue to meet the requirements until the next major release.

0 Kudos
JeffK1969
Contributor
Contributor

Joshua, do you know if there will be a new exam blueprint, and if so when that will be made available?

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

Yes, there will be a new blueprint.  Sorry, I do not have a timeline.

0 Kudos