VMware Edu & Cert Community
jj_issq
Contributor
Contributor

is VCP-510 renamed?

Hi, I read somewhere that VCP-510 exam name has been changed to VCP5-DV from Jan'2013. Any ideas if that is correct?   When I checked on Pearson VUE website (for singing up for a test), it still shows VCP 510 and doesn't show VCP5-DV.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, the exam formerly known as VCP5 is now known as VCP5-DV. Sounds like Pearson hasn't updated its website.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

It's only the certification that has been renamed from VCP to VCP-DV, The exam code is still the same (VCP510).

see How do I register for the VCP5-DV certification exam? in the FAQs.

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Spot on Andre - it's the certification title that was changed, not the exam code.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jj_issq
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Andre.

0 Kudos