RTWE
Contributor
Contributor

fresh VCP with no VMware experience seeking a new career path

Jump to solution

What would be the best fit for a new / fresh VCP with no VMware experience seeking a new career path in the VMware world? 

i have 8+ years experience as an IT support.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Find a consulting company who works with the technologies you like - especially a VMware partner as your certification will mean more to them (they are required to have a specific # on staff). 

Typically (at least in the US) consulting companies have good "churn" in the entry level positions - they hire cheap, work them as hard as they can and when the person gets sufficient experience they go somewhere else for better pay, freeing up the spot. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi RTWE,

Welcome to the community.

VCP is an exam that needs one to not only know the VMware technology but also have some hands-on experience. Its good that you have decided to take a new career path in VMware world. If you want to start off with VMware you could always do the Associate level certification i.e VCA. Learn some basics. You could setup a home lab where you can implement VMware vSphere products which are available for evaluation and then give VCP.

VMware is offering VCA a certifications for free till DEC-2013. you could leverage that to start off with the technology.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful. Abhilash B | Blog : http://vpirate.in | Twitter : @abhilashhb | LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/ |
RTWE
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Unfortunately, VCA was not available when I started digging into VMware so I took the advice from here and I went for the VCP-DCV official
course, now I am VCP certified but without a job. I have done all the hands on at home on my desktop and also during the official course.

it happened that I lost my job last month and I started my job hunt but it seems like the VMware mark in Dubai is kind of dead for new
VCPs, all they need is a topnotch experienced guys with qualifications I have never heard of !!.

I was wondering, what kind of firms would be looking for new VCPs and what position would they possibly offer?

Just want some guidance to feed my family.

0 Kudos

Find a consulting company who works with the technologies you like - especially a VMware partner as your certification will mean more to them (they are required to have a specific # on staff). 

Typically (at least in the US) consulting companies have good "churn" in the entry level positions - they hire cheap, work them as hard as they can and when the person gets sufficient experience they go somewhere else for better pay, freeing up the spot. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos