VMware Edu & Cert Community
christian655321
Contributor
Contributor

confirmation and Credly Badge email not received after passing VCP-DCV

Hello, I passed my exam on 5/9/2023 but did not receive any email confirmation indicating this or credly badge issuance. I see the exam status as "passed" in the certification manager. I have sent an email to VMware education for support and received a auto reply

VMware Case # 23847459905 

My question for you all is , how much of a delay did you see after passing an exam and getting notified? I need to have proof for my job that I passed and show a valid certificate.

thanks!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No more than a few working days. 

Have you completed all the steps required for the certification?

Which exam and which course did you take?

Edit: I can now see your score report which shows the 2V0-21.20 exam pass. 

SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Christian, I can see in your Cert Manager profile that you are missing the required training. You won't get the certification assigned until all requirements are complete. Also, we don't recommend sharing your VMW ID (contained in your score report). We consider this personally identifiable information and recommend obscuring that info.

0 Kudos
christian655321
Contributor
Contributor

I had scheduled this test last year around October, there was no pre-requisite at that time other than to take the test since I had 2 VCPs from 2019. Did I miss a deadline? I recently moved up my testing date from the original scheduled date, did that action mess me up?

so now you are saying I have to take a class to qualify to get credit?

0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Unfortunately, yes you missed the deadline to be able to apply your 2019. We only allow you to go three versions back (2020, 2021, 2022). The shorter time between upgrading requires fewer tasks to be completed. 

0 Kudos
christian655321
Contributor
Contributor

Let me preface this by saying this is directed solely at the company "VMware" and not any one individual.

When I scheduled this test in Oct 2022, version 2023 did not exist. That means the test scheduler UI allowed me to pick an invalid date to take the test that would leave me "invalid" OR the rules changed after I had already scheduled. Either way I loose.

I am sorry but this is a bunch of malarkey. To require a 4 thousand dollar class in order to validate an exam that I scored a 500 on. This just seems like a money grab on VMware's part. I have numerous VCP's dating all the way back to 5.0 but I guess I need another "Install \ configure \ manage" to satisfy your bottom line.

thank you and have a nice day.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The answer is most likely related to your specific circumstances, and the requirements set out here: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
christian655321
Contributor
Contributor

My situation is still the same, however my employer has stepped in and said they will cover the cost and hours billable for the class. There is just a period now that I have to wait before things are logistically satisfied. I understand there are requirements needed. My take on the current requirement setup is, profit generation over common sense. Perhaps build logic into the scheduler that gives a warning, "current test schedule date will require additional requirement".

0 Kudos
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As you have been a previous VCP, please be aware that there are a number of different courses that satisfy the training requirement that you would probably find a lot more interesting - You don’t have to attend another Install, Configure, Manage course!

Take a look at the Operate, Scale and Secure v8 course or the vSphere Troubleshooting v8 course. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The page I linked to in my previous reply details everything that is required for someone in your circumstances - the requirements can vary for others in different circumstances.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ibrahimwuriebah
Contributor
Contributor

Hi SharelleP,

Am having same issue. However for me, i completed the required training, took VCA DCV (which i received certificate and badge for). I took VCP on 3rd May 2023. Staus is pass but am yet to receive a confirmation email, certificate and badge. Am still confused why i havent recived certificate and badge.

Will appreciate if you can help look into it for me plz. I can share any information you need to help.

VCP ISSUE.png

0 Kudos