VMware Edu & Cert Community
TwitchInRoanoke
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Why So Long?

Hello all. I hope I am not posting this in the wrong forum. I am new around here.

My question is this: Why does it take so long to obtain a license/link to download the VSphere 5 trial? I am trying to study for the VCP 5 certification and recently went through the process to obtain the trial copy of VSphere 5, but every time I check My Evaluations all I ever see is "Coming Soon." If I try and download the product, I receive a message that a license key is being prepared. I have been waiting for over a week to simply be able to download the software.

Now, I understand that a week is not a long time, BUT, in this day and age of instant downloads, a week just for a demo download just seems well, stupid. I was able to download VMWare Workstation 9 and start the install within 15 minutes. Why is VSphere so different? Why can we not just receive a demo license right away, just like the Workstation download?

If anyone has any insight to alleviate my frustration, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

Twitch

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

try registering with some other email ID and see if it helps??? if you face issue only with your ID, please contact VMware for the same and they will fix the issue

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Did you register for the evaluation at Download vSphere Free Trial

Right after registering you should be able to download the binaries. The evaluation will run for 60 days without the need to enter a license key.

André

Cooldude09
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

try registering with some other email ID and see if it helps??? if you face issue only with your ID, please contact VMware for the same and they will fix the issue

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

0 Kudos
TwitchInRoanoke
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, guys! I registered with an alternate email address and that solved the problem. I am currently (finally!) downloading VSphere. Not sure what went wrong the first time, since the process seemed to be identical.

Much appreciated!

Twitch

0 Kudos
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

thanks for the update... Smiley Happy