VMware Edu & Cert Community
DougSpindler
Contributor
Contributor

Where to get support for VMware's VITA progrmam? I've been told VMware reorganized the department and everyone is gone. Where to get help?

I've been trying to communicate with the people at VMware about the VITA program.  I've been told VMware reorganized the department and everyone is gone.  Where to get help?

Specifically I'm looking for the **********t on VMware exams and certifications.  I am a VITA instructor and am eligible.

VMware education doesn't respond to phone calls or emails.  Has everyone been fired? Anyone know when VMware will get new employees to help us out?

Thanks

Message was edited by: Tom Howarth . Edited to remove NDA infomation

8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't know if there are special contact email addresses or phone numbers for VITAs

Does each VITA not have an "administrator" who is there to manage your relationship with VMware? VATCs do...

There are staff in the Educatuon team, but I don't know who supports VITAs, sorry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have asked internally if someone from the Education team can take a look at this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
DougSpindler
Contributor
Contributor

No, there are or were two contacts I had at VMware for the VITA program and neither are responding to emails.  When I call VMware asking for assistance with the VITA and VMAP programs I'm told I have to send emails.  When I send an email I receive a response saying replies take two days.  After two days or more I received an email saying VMware is reorganizing and to expect relies in four days.

When they do reply they send links to obsolete documents and procedures or links which are invalid.  My last set of email to them have gone unanswered for almost two weeks.

Does anyone know if they are discontinuing their education program or what's going on?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DougSpindler
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks - This is the craziest company to work with.  They use Google Drive and Google docs and none of it works well.  The docs have links which are broken, to obsolete documents or to a document which has a link to the document you are on.  It looks like a middle school student put all of this together.  It's so unprofessional.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I understand that you do now have the correct information.

0 Kudos
beltonj
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Doug,

I am having an impossible time getting an communication from the vita program. Were you ever able to get

a response/help? I am 3 months (nearly four) into the process of getting registered and accessing vita resources

and have gotten no response. Anyway just curious if there is something I am missing. Thank you

James

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi James,

I am the new manager of the IT Academy program and a want to apologize for the difficulty you have experienced in getting a response from the team.

We are adding additional program staff to provide better and more responsive support and we are also working on a much improved and easier way for IT Academy instructors to access course delivery resources.  Communication will go out to IT Academies on the new process before mid-September.

If you are the designated Program Coordinator you should be able to access the Program Coordinator Quick Start menu (vmware.com/go/academy -> Docs for existing IT Academy Participants) containing program information and course resource links.  If you are an instructor, contact your designated Program Coordinator and have them submit your name/email to request access to the secure instructor community site on myvmare.com.

For all other issues or questions please send an email to:  vmwareitacademyprogramoffice.com.

Dan

0 Kudos
beltonj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for getting back with me!! Not sure if you or the new team members have seen my requests, but I am

able to access the vmware communities area but do not have access to the vita secured area. I get an unauthorized message.

I submitted the google doc to request access so time ago. I think once I can access this area I will be able to get things setup.

Thank you again

James Belton

0 Kudos