VMware Edu & Cert Community
Robertlars2
Contributor
Contributor

Where obtain quality practice exams for the VCP-DCV 2022 exam (pls no brain dump sites!)

Hello,

My general practice for preparing for any IT exam is to study the material (e.g., video tutorials, books, etc.) coupled by taking a plethora of practice exams I purchased via Udemy, Boson, etc. One has to be very careful with the purchase of any such practice exams for the majority of Udemy instructors who sell such IT practice exams are con men that do NOT offer any video tutorial courses on the topics that they offer practice exams for, instead it appears they go out and search the Internet for any sort of practice questions and resell them as their own creation (99% of the time such question are utter rubbish / crap).

I also categorically refuse to use any (supposed) "brain dump" types of test questions, both due to the issue surrounding the ethics of such sites (additionally, the same comments I made for the various Udemy practice exam instructors practice tests are applicable here I would assume as well).

Both Boson and CertMaster offer very quality (accurate example types of questions with superbly written / detailed explanations of each answer and why it was correct and/or incorrect). Alas, neither Boson nor CertMaster have any such VMware practice exams and I would gladly pay the $100 per such practice exam if they were to develop them.

So whom here knows of any "quality" practice exams for either the VMware VCTA-DCV 2022 or for the VMware VCP-DCV exam? Hoping someone can point me in the right direction, e.g., URL link, comments, etc.

Best regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The study guide linked from here should help: https://community.veeam.com/blogs-and-podcasts-57/vmware-certified-professional-dcv-2021-study-guide...

There is a shortage of quality practice exams, just dump after dump (which I have never and would never use)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I believe that if you buy the official study guide from Pearson, they have a bundle which includes some practice exams. Would be worth looking into. 

Robertlars2
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much Scott!

Robertlars2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Tim,

Thanks for the great suggestion. I went to Pearson's site and purchased the digital eBook (premium version that has the practice tests as well...thanks again for that worthwhile suggestion). Was able to snag a 40% discount coupon available from the Pearson site during check-out to sweeten the deal. Thanks again, (too bad I could only purchase such for the VCP-DCV exam (which I plan on taking) but also for the lower "associate level" exam that I plan on taking prior to the "pro level" exam). Thanks again to both you & Scott for your respective worthwhile replies!

Best regards,

Bob

Tags (1)
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Totally up to you whether you bother with VCTA, I wouldn’t if I was doing a VCP anyway as that’s the only one anyone else is likely to be interested in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog