VMware Edu & Cert Community
sresysadmin
Contributor
Contributor

When will the Professional VMware (2V0-21.20) Exam be updated to 2022 version?

When will the Professional VMware vSphere 7.x (2V0-21.20) Exam be updated to 2022? Or when can we expect the new version of the test? 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The exam won't be updated, but the VCP title that it helps to achieve will be.

If you meet the requirements of VCP-DCV today you will be a VCP-DCV 2022.

The website hasn't been updated yet to reflect the new year, but you'll get the current year on your certification for when you completed the last of the requirements.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
cluke89
Contributor
Contributor

Hi SCott28tt,

So, your saying that if you meet the requirments for VCP-DCV which I belive is the Exam 2V0-21.20 you become a VCP-DC2022 inspite of when you took exam ?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you complete the requirements in 2022 you are awarded VCP-DCV 2022 - whether the last requirement you complete is the training or the exam.

So if you took the vSphere training in December 2021 and passed the 2V0-21.20 exam today, you would be VCP-DCV 2022.

If you had taken the training in September 2021 and passed the 2V0-21.20 exam in December 2021 you would be VCP-DCV 2021.

(the same would be true in both examples if you passed the exam first then took the training)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
cluke89
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

So in my case, I have no option at the moment since taking the exam in Nov 2019, (same the current exam number) I have no option to upgarde to the current relase for 2022. Yes im aware the technical syllabus haset been changed, but trying to explain this to future clients is becomeing  very frustrating and with no plans for this change in 2022.

What options, if any are there.

0 Kudos
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Edit: I misread your last post The below is only true if you are a VCP-DCV 2021  

You currently are in the same situation as me and I'm sure, many others who took the exam last year.

Your current options to rectify are:-

1) Attend a course. VMware Learning have a choice of courses that you could attend and merely by attending the course, you re-certify. You can see the list by going here - https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv.html and selecting VCP-DCV 2021.

2) Take a VCP exam in a different track.

3) Pass one of the DCV VCAP exams.

I'm really hoping that VMware will release a delta exam just like they did for 6.0 and 6.5.

@KarlChilds any chance of this happening?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There are no options for you to achieve VCP-DCV 2022 if you became VCP-DCV 2019 by passing the 2V0-21.20 exam.

This is the latest upgrade policy: https://blogs.vmware.com/learning/2022/02/28/certification-upgrade-policy-update/

0 Kudos
cluke89
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott

Thanks for the information,

In this case I do wont to update to 2022 and my employer also requires me to do so.

Text pasted from URL:

If you wish to upgrade to the current year certification (ex: VCP-DCV 2022) and you hold the previous certification version in the same track (ex: VCP-DCV 2021), then you can either complete a qualifying course or pass the qualifying exam to upgrade.

If you hold a certification going back 2-3 versions (ex: VCP-DVC 2019 or newer), then you can pass the qualifying exam to upgrade to the current year certification

In my case i am a 2019 VCP, but I cant take an exam. Due to the exam being the same as passed in 2019.

HI TIM VI - Enthusiast
I had also taken a VCAP-Design 2021, but this also wasn’t a valid option either, also looking at the other options viable there all mandatory courses before you can obtain a VCP in another track.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I read the page I posted the link to, that's why I said you had no options.

Email certification@vmware.com and ask what they suggest.

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It’s not ideal. I know. We’re looking at new options now to enhance options and the overall program. I’m not sure if it’ll end up with one of those options being a delta Exam but it’s on the table.

0 Kudos
cluke89
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karl,

Indeed, it’s not ideal at all, and not through the lack of trying to re-certify either. At present I’m in limbo to update my current certification to 2022.

Unable to take the current exam at this was taken and passed in 2019, there was an option in 2021 to update but at the cost of a 5-day advanced course, don’t see the logic here I’m afraid. Considering the current exam re-certification requirements in that only 3 previous updates are permitted only to take an “update exam” I’m facing the pleasure of having to take an update course in 2023.

I would suspect that I’m not the only VCP in this situation, it would make sense that any VCP that has take the current exam prior to 2021/2022 to have the certification to be updated to the current year as the content hasn’t been updated for the exam.

Rgs

0 Kudos