VMware Edu & Cert Community
MohnJadden
Contributor
Contributor

What is the unproctored exam experience like? Is it closer to an MS exam where you have to clear a room?

If I opt to take the unproctored online 2V0-620 exam, do I have to run special software on my machine and have someone check the room I'm in?  If I need a specific room with nothing on the walls, I just want to make sure I can reserve one at work that meets the criteria for the exam, if any.

Is it just an online exam, with open notes or such? 

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes to your last question.

At this time, unproctored exams have no environment requirements - so long as you have connectivity you can literally be anywhere you want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I did mine recently at 4:30am in the morning at home. I feel the foundations exam(the unproctored one) is more of a pretest to make sure you are ready for the proctored test. Just wish they didn't charge you for this one

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

"more of a pretest to make sure you are ready for the proctored test" - in the context of the VCP in DCV, Foundations is a lower level exam.

Don't forget though that the same Foundations exam also has to be taken by those doing the VCPs in NV, DTM, and CMA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog