VMware Edu & Cert Community
maleitch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Was just curbstomped by VCP exam just before Christmas

Exam was much more difficult than my particular exam prep material prepared me for.  My practice exams where at a much more general level than the higher application level of the actual exam and I would say in my case 75% of the exam was on the details of storage.

Honestly I probably did not prepare for it correctly and leaned too much on my prep material vs. the official documentation.

Pretty discouraged at the moment, but will suck it up and try again.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Sorry to hear that - THe VCP Blueprint as a roadmap for what you need study has been my standard advice - it provides the topics that might be covered on the exam

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I suggest you focus on the blueprint, and use the documentation and software to prepare yourself, best of luck for your next attempt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
TechMom20111014
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What materials DID you use?

0 Kudos