VMware Edu & Cert Community
radiolandog
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation license from VCP

I bought one VMware Workstation license prior to becoming a VCP.  I believe that one benefit from becoming a VCP4 (in April, 2011) was that a received an additional VMware Workstation license.  I thought that the details of both licenses were saved in "My VMware."

I haven't had reason to use the 2nd license until now, but when I looked today I only see the license that I had purchased.

Any suggestions about how to find my VCP Workstation details?

Thanks,

-dog

0 Kudos
6 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

YOu would have had to register the license for it to show up in My VMware  - also not the license you receive for your VCP will be valid for the Workstation version that was available in 2011 - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
radiolandog
Contributor
Contributor

I thought that I had registered the license in My VMware, but it is no longer listed there.

The Workstation version that was available in 2011 (Workstation 7) worked fine and I really could use it, now.

Any suggestions about how to find my VCP Workstation details?  Is there a VCP contact or url?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Just a quick question. Did you search for the license key in your emails yet? You should have received the key in an email with certification@vmware.com as the sender.

André

0 Kudos
radiolandog
Contributor
Contributor

I did search for all my emails from certification@vmware.com - but I did not have one concerning Workstation.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

You are sent the key via email.  Did you complete all the registration steps/tasks on mylearn?

0 Kudos
EV_Simon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When I passed my VCP4 exam I wasn't emailed the license key, instead it was sent by post in paper form. I actually had the key sent to me twice because the first time it took over 7 weeks for the paperwork to get to me.

Also worth noting is that if you ever upgrade your version of Workstation you do lose older license keys from MyVMware. I originally purchased Workstation 7 which came with ThinApp keys, several upgrades later (WS7 -> WS8 -> WS9) now means I don't have the older keys showing up in MyVMware (including the ThinApp keys).

Not really an issue for me as I always take offline copies of activation keys but may be a problem for other people if they aren't aware.

0 Kudos