VMware Edu & Cert Community
timevisser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware Exam Authorization

All, I just went out and was looking for a different time for my exam and found this message, "

Note: All VMware Certification exams require prior VMware authorization. If you would like to reschedule an exam that was originally scheduled before July 19, 2013, you will need to cancel  your appointment, and gain VMware authorization at vmware.com/certification before you are able to reschedule your exam appointment with Pearson VUE.

(If you used an exam voucher when scheduling your original exam, you will be able reuse it  when rescheduling.)" 

Why did the policy change?  It looks like you have to enter your candidate ID when registering for the exam now.  I am OK with the change, just do not understand the reasoning behind changing it. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Here's the FAQ page for the new process: FAQ: VMware Certification Exam Registration

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Here's the FAQ page for the new process: FAQ: VMware Certification Exam Registration

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
gnanendrareddy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello

Can any one tell me how to get authorization to reschedule vmware exams??? I cancelled it through Pearson, but unable to find info on vmware.com/certification

I sent an Email to certification@vmware.com but of no use. They did not even understand my problem and telling me to visit the same website.

This process sucks.. I don't know why vmware made this process so tough.. If we want to reschedule exam in Cisco or any other exam it is very easy.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

From http://www.vmware.com/certification go to the page for the relevant exam/certification, click the link in the blue box towards the top of the page.

0 Kudos
timevisser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

From the URL that Scott provided you just click on the exam you want.  It then takes you to a page like (VCP5-DCV) VCP-Datacenter Virtualization and there is a big blue box that you click on when you are ready to register for the exam.   Once you click that box and provide the information required, you should get an email with in 30 minutes stating the process has completed and you can then register for your exam through Pearson-Vue.  Once you are on there site, select the exam and then log in.  You should see your exam you registered for on VMware site listed.  If you do not, you may have multiple VMware profiles.  Call 800-676-2797 for US and Canada and let the agent know what you are trying to do and they will help.  I had multiple profiles and it took about 40 mins. to get it straighten out and once it was it all has worked well.