VMware Edu & Cert Community
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VMware Certified Professional - Cloud Management and Automation 2020 (VCP-CMA 2020) Foundation

Looking at the certification requirements for "VMware Certified Professional - Cloud Management and Automation 2020 (VCP-CMA 2020)" (https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-cma.html) I see the following:

3. Pass One of the Foundation exams
vSphere 6 Foundations (This exam retired on August 30, 2019)
vSphere 6.5 Foundations (This exam retired on August 30, 2019)
VMware vSphere 6.7 Foundations Exam 2019
105 MINUTES 65 QUESTIONS $125

My vSphere 6 Foundations doesn't help. I don't see the vSphere 7 equivalent Foundations listed. I don't want to waste time, money or energy on vSphere 6.x given that vSphere 7 has been out for 6 months and my client is moving to vSphere 7.

When will vSphere 7 Foundations be added to the list OR is it possible to substitute VCP-DCV 2020?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@aenagy 

There is no Foundations exam for vSphere 7, but if you’ve already passed Foundations for vSphere 6 that will do - even though the exam has retired your pass still counts.

If you are already a VCP-DCV 2020 there is no Foundations requirement at all anyway, your path on that page would be the “VCP6-DCV or Newer”.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

10 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@aenagy 
Moderator: In the continued absence of a proper VCP forum area, thread moved to Education & Certification Members as not related to the IT Academy program

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks. With the new interface finding groups is a bit different.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@aenagy 

There is no Foundations exam for vSphere 7, but if you’ve already passed Foundations for vSphere 6 that will do - even though the exam has retired your pass still counts.

If you are already a VCP-DCV 2020 there is no Foundations requirement at all anyway, your path on that page would be the “VCP6-DCV or Newer”.

aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

scott28tt

I attended "vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage [V8]" (beta) and I have my vSphere 6 Foundation then all I need to do is pass 2V0-31.20?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@aenagy 

It would appear so, if you want to be certain you could email certification@vmware.com and ask them.

aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

@scott28tt :

Thank-you, I will.

0 Kudos
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

@scott28tt :

I was able to confirm.

My question is:

I attended "vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage [V8]" (beta) and I have my vSphere 6 Foundation then all I need to do is pass 2V0-31.20?

Answer from Certification Operations <certification@vmware.com>:

As I understand you would like to know further requirements to obtain VCP-CMA 2020 certification.

I would like to inform you that course, foundations exam and professional exam are three mandatory requirements. Since you completed course and foundations exam I would request you to attend the exam which is mentioned below to obtain VCP-CMA 2020 certification.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@aenagy 

Moderator: Moved to VCP Discussions now it has appeared.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@aenagy 

Moderator: Moved back to Education & Certification Members

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@aenagy 

Moderator: The VCP Discussions area is now public, moving this thread to it's rightful place.

0 Kudos