VMware Edu & Cert Community
piyush08
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Certified Professional 6 – Cloud Perparation

Hi All,

Can anyone please let me know how to prepare for VCP610 exam. I can not find any Official guide.

Moreover VMware links are quiet confusing as Blueprint leads me to https://mylearn.vmware.com/lcms/web/portals/certification/VCP_Blueprints/VCP6-Cloud-VCPC610-Exam-Blu...

but official Guide link leads to VCP5 guide VCP-Cloud Official Cert Guide (with DVD): VMware Certified Professional - Cloud | Pearson IT Certifi...

Thanks,

PS

0 Kudos
3 Replies
crispyire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi PS,

At present there isn't a VMware Press Official Certification Guide that covers VCP6-Cloud. The VCP-Cloud Official Certification Guide is a very good book (And I used it when studying from my VCP5-Cloud) but as you pointed out only covers earlier versions of vCloud Director.

There has always been a lag between certifications coming out and the study guides that cover that topic. If you want to be an early adopter and ahead of the curve, there will always be the additional pressure of finding the study resources to digger deeper into the subject.

My advise is very generic and has been repeated a lot by others talking on the subject but I have found it to be very good advise on any VMware certification:

1. Study the certification blueprint
  2. Study the guides linked from the blueprint
  3. Read and study VMware community blogger's sites...
  4. Watch any Pluralsight type training videos has they become available. I'm a vision learner, so videos work very well for me. Some of the topics from the blueprint are similar/same as that of the VCP6-DCV exam, so cherry picking the sections that have the same core content could be beneficial.
  5. Attend a VMware Education course (There are some VCP6 beta courses out at present) but I assume from your question you want to do self-study.
  6. Practice, practice, practice... Create a home lab, or try and use all the features at work if you have a VMware Cloud environment (Private/Hybrid/Public) that you can 'play' with. The best learning is by doing, the more you 'get your hands dirty' the easier the exam and doing it in in real life it will be. I was very lucky when studying for my VCP5-Cloud to be working in a large private cloud environment, so seeing and doing it everyday, made understanding what I read so much easier. Saying that, I still created a small lab at home to try things out, break things and on one eventful evening bring my lab to its knees; that was the best learning experience of all.

Hope that helps

Chris

0 Kudos
DougKim
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your detail information.

I have another question.

You mentioned as follow.

"5 Attend a VMware Education course (There are some VCP6 beta courses out at present) but I assume from your question you want to do self-study."

Does this mean we can do self study without attending $7500 training course?

Thanks,

Doug

0 Kudos
crispyire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Doug,

The requirements for each of the certifications are outlined in each of the certification paths.

If you don't already hold at least a VCP in another path, you will be required to attend a VMware certified training course‌‌ that is outlined in that path. Its a lot of money, so unless you can get your employer to pay for the course (Thankfully, mine did), it needs to be treated as an investment in your future. Once you have a VCP and you keep it in date, most other VMware exams are open to you without further training courses (Unless you want to).

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos