VMware Edu & Cert Community
habibalby
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VMware Certified Professional 4 Free Second Chance

VMware Certified Professional 4 Free Second Chance

As a VMware Certified Professional 3, you are so close to  having the latest VMware certification and keeping ahead of the  competition. You have the experience, why not take the next step and get  the recognition you deserve for your skills by upgrading your VMware  certification to VMware Certified Professional on vSphere™ 4.0 (VCP4)?
Free Second Chance to get VCP4 Certified

VMware Education and Pearson VUE have teamed up to help you upgrade  your VCP3 certification. For a limited time, we are giving you a

free second chance at the VCP4 exam, if you need it, when you register for a full-priced exam with our special promotion code below.

Register for your Free Second Chance. It’s Easy!

Step 1: Polish up on your knowledge of vSphere 4 by taking one of the  prerequisite courses:

Step 2:

Register to take the VCP4 exam at a Pearson VUE test center for the full price (no discounts apply) using the promotion code:

VCPUP1.

Step 3: If you fail your first exam, simply schedule your “second chance” exam with the promotion code

“VCPUP2” and it’s free! Please note that this discount will only be valid on retakes of exams that were initially scheduled using the

“VCPUP1” promotion code and must be taken before July 31, 2011.

Register today to take advantage of your second chance. If you have questions about  the VCP4 exam course requirements or would like more information about  the exam, please visit

VMware Certification.

Best Regards, Hussain Al Sayed Consider awarding points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
28 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

thanks for sharing. wondering if there is any vcap 2nd chance .. 😃

0 Kudos
habibalby
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It's applicable for VCP3 as well. Like me Smiley Happy

Best Regards, Hussain Al Sayed Consider awarding points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
PeterMagdy
Contributor
Contributor

i am so sorry for asking again

But i want to be Sure

Who use Voucher haven't free Re-take chance

That I understand is That True

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
habibalby
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

I didn't get your question.. but here's how you can register and get your second chance..

Register to take the VCP4 exam at a Pearson VUE test center for the full price (no discounts apply) using the promotion code:

VCPUP1.

Step 3: If you fail your first exam, simply schedule your “second chance” exam with the promotion code

“VCPUP2” and it’s free! Please note that this discount will only be valid on retakes of exams that were initially scheduled using the

“VCPUP1” promotion code and must be taken before July 31, 2011.

0 Kudos
PeterMagdy
Contributor
Contributor

i am sorry

i don't know how to find ( get )“VCPUP1”  or “VCPUP2”

is that recieved after registration  or what ?

0 Kudos
habibalby
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

I have just registered my exam, in the registration page just enter VCPUP1, it will give you the explanation that this promotion code will allow you to retake second chance for free, if you register for the second time "Hope Not" as you might pass the exam from the first attempt then you should enter VCPUP2 which will recognize you as you already registered using VCPUP1.

0 Kudos
habibalby
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Candidate: HUSAIN SAYED MAHDI SALEH AHMED
VCP ID: VCP045280

Exam: VCP410: VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 4  
Language: English
Test Center: New Horizons, Manama, Bahrain
Office 101 Bldg103 Road 1802
Palace Avenue
PO Box 1180
Manama 1180
BHR
[973] 17535393 
Appointment: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 / Start Time: 14:45
Appointment Number: 242025389
Date/Time Appointment Created: Sun, 5 Jun 2011, at 09:39

Exam Total: GBP 110.00
Tax: GBP 0.00
Amount Paid: GBP 110.00
Order Number: 0004-5019-1487

0 Kudos
PeterMagdy
Contributor
Contributor

oh Yes thanks

i didn't write VCPUP1  when i registered   so  now i can't take the free Re-take

0 Kudos
habibalby
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What if you cancel it and re-register again with VCPUP1?

0 Kudos
PeterMagdy
Contributor
Contributor

unfortunately i entered the exam and didn't pass My score 278/500 

So i was asking about re-take how can i take

0 Kudos
habibalby
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

aha, are you a VCP3 and wants to upgrade to VCP4? or it's a new exam directly on VCP4?

0 Kudos
PeterMagdy
Contributor
Contributor

new exam directly on VCP4

0 Kudos
habibalby
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Only your option is to re-register the exam using VCPUP1 promotion code to get the second retake chance then.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It's too late for you to get the free re-take now as you didn't apply the code to your first attempt. You did get close to the passing score, so I'm sure with a bit more study/ preparation you'll get through the exam next time around.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
ricmarques
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi PeterMagdy,

PeterMagdy wrote:

new exam directly on VCP4

The promotion codes that "habibalby" mentioned - "VCPUP1" (in first attempt) and "VCPUP2" (in second attempt) are only for people that are already "VCP3" . The web page with this info is "VCP4 Upgrade" - http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=20121&ui=www

If you're going directly to VCP4, then the promo codes that you should use are "VCPTAKE1" (in first attempt) and "VCPTAKE2" (in second attempt). The relevant page about this is "VCP4 Second Chance" - http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=20120&ui=www

I hope this clear things up. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Ricardo Dias Marques... a VMware user and a VCP4 since last Thursday, 02-Jun-2011  Smiley Happy

Ricardo Dias Marques - http://twitter.com/ricmarques
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You're right about those codes, but as Peter has already had one attempt at the exam without applying any code he will not qualify for the free re-take anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Oh, and congratulations to you for becoming a VCP4 holder 🙂

0 Kudos
ricmarques
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Scott,

Scott Vessey wrote:

You're right about those codes, but as Peter has already had one attempt at the exam without applying any code he will not qualify for the free re-take anyway.

You're right: Peter will have to pay for his next attempt (his 2nd attempt). But it's better for him to use the "VCPTAKE1" on that next attempt so that - if, by some unfortunate event, he also fails on that attempt - he could take a third attempt for free (using the code "VCPTAKE2"), assuming those attempts are done before 31-Jul-2011.

Cheers,

RIcardo Dias Marques

0 Kudos
ricmarques
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Scott Vessey wrote:

Oh, and congratulations to you for becoming a VCP4 holder 🙂

Thank you very much Scott! And congratulations to you for giving, through "Global Knowledge UK", the "Live-online VCP exam prep workshop" that I attended on 16th March. I think that the price for attending was worth it! Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Ricardo Dias Marques

0 Kudos