VMware Edu & Cert Community
Grim192
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware Candidate Number

Before I can register with PearsonVue to take the exam I need a VMware candidate number, however I can't find this anywhere in "My VMware". I can see the course details and the certificate but no candidate number, I've been told it should be in there but I don't know why it's not. Can anyone help ?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Grim192
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I finally found the answer, in short you have to register for the exam, there's me thinking it should just appear.

• Step 1: Go to certification landing page such as “vmware.com/go/vcp” and click “Register.”
  • Step 2: Sign-in to myLearn or create myLearn account. (New account creation includes authentication code mailed to email address.)
  • Step 3: Complete the request to register by confirming First and Last Name is the same as on your government issued ID. Provide a physical Mailing Address (no PO Boxes) where your Welcome Kit can be mailed. Make note of your Candidate ID.
  • Step 4: Go to pearsonvue.com/vmware and sign-in using your Pearson VUE web account username and password or create a new web account.
  • Step 5: Provide First Name, Last Name, and Candidate ID to see the exams you have been authorized to take.
  • Step 6: Proceed with the selection of the location, date and time of your exam, as well as the payment process as directed by Pearson VUE.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community - I think you will find the information in MyLearn.VMware.com -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Grim192
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you.

That's where i'm looking but I can't see it anywhere, can you be more specific ?

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Log in to MyLearn and access your profile (myProfile) and at the bottom of the page there is a section myIDs and that is where my Pearson VUE ID is located

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
Grim192
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I finally found the answer, in short you have to register for the exam, there's me thinking it should just appear.

• Step 1: Go to certification landing page such as “vmware.com/go/vcp” and click “Register.”
  • Step 2: Sign-in to myLearn or create myLearn account. (New account creation includes authentication code mailed to email address.)
  • Step 3: Complete the request to register by confirming First and Last Name is the same as on your government issued ID. Provide a physical Mailing Address (no PO Boxes) where your Welcome Kit can be mailed. Make note of your Candidate ID.
  • Step 4: Go to pearsonvue.com/vmware and sign-in using your Pearson VUE web account username and password or create a new web account.
  • Step 5: Provide First Name, Last Name, and Candidate ID to see the exams you have been authorized to take.
  • Step 6: Proceed with the selection of the location, date and time of your exam, as well as the payment process as directed by Pearson VUE.