VMware Edu & Cert Community
satish_lx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware 4 Training can appear for VCP 5 exam?

I have done VMware 4 Training in 2011 last year but i didn't get time for appearing in exam. but now i am trying to get VCP certification so can i get VCP5 exam? or i have to pass VCP4 first?

- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Thanks Satish Patel - Journey toward "Virtual world"
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The only VCP you can obtain is VCP 4 without taking any further classes - The VCP 410 exam is still being offered by Pearson/Vue - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

thread moved from VMware ESX™ 4 to VCP: VMware Certified Professional Community

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Whether you now go on to pass the VCP4 exam or not you will be required to attend a vSphere 5 class to qualify for VCP5:

1. Pass VCP4 exam > attend What's New class > pass VCP5 exam

2. Attend What's New class > pass VCP5 exam

You can confirm this here: http://www.vmware.com/go/vcp

Another option would be the Optimize and Scale class - it's a higher-level class on vSphere 5 but also qualifies you for VCP5.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
satish_lx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't have money to appear for class again, I already spent money on VMWare 4 Training. Bottom line is I need VCP doesn't matter 4 or 5. what option do i have to get VCP? without putting any more money..

-S

- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Thanks Satish Patel - Journey toward "Virtual world"
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The only VCP you can obtain is VCP 4 without taking any further classes - The VCP 410 exam is still being offered by Pearson/Vue - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
satish_lx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks!  Thats what i wanted to know...Time to prepare for... VCP410  Do you know how long its going to be last?

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I do not - VMware has given no indication as to the end date of that exam but my guess will be end of 2012 but as I said I have no information on this

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you had followed the link I posted before you'd have send the VCP4 page right next to the VCP5 page - VCP410 is still available to take and that is your only option without vSphere 5 training.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos