VMware Edu & Cert Community
tonyocall
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare partner question

Hi All,

I have just started an internship with a company who are a VMWare reseller. I have been enjoying the last few weeks getting to know the vcenter appliance and configuring a view environment test lab.

I have signed up to partner university so I can access courses, and have worked through the view essentials course. I would really like to study for and sit the VCP5 Cert and was told it is possible to sit a free course through the partner university and sit the exam in a prometric test center.

Every course I see on the site is a live or classroom course that costs money, is their material on the site available for free, that will ultimately allow me to sit the exam?

Sorry for the long post,

Tony

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community - I am sorry to say even partners have to pay for the class - you do not need the class to sit for the exam - if you do pass the exam you just will not be a VCP until you attend a qualifying class - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community - I am sorry to say even partners have to pay for the class - you do not need the class to sit for the exam - if you do pass the exam you just will not be a VCP until you attend a qualifying class - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
tonyocall
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks mate, I thought as much but I suppose I was hoping I was wrong. I will have to consider saving some cash, signing for the class and maybe sitting the exam around Christmas.

I was thinking of self studying before this to get my self up to speed, would the fasttrack course be the one to go for? and would you have any recomendation for resources in the meantime?

Thanks Again,

Tony

0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Partners at Enterprise and Premier level has some marking found... But I'm quite sure that they cannot be use for courses.

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Partners have to pay for instructor-led training just like customers - although a number of VATCs (training partners) will have a relationship with partners where they may offer a good discount. I would talk to the reseller you are working with.

You can do VSP and VTSP through Partner University - they are free but are only of value to a partner really.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
LeoPastor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Enterprise and Premier partners have a 20% discount on VMware delivered courses.

Even Professional level partners have a discount, it is 10% in that case!

0 Kudos