VMware Edu & Cert Community
ahmadalammar
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Spring Developer Professional exam

Hi,

I've passed VMWare Spring Develop Professional exam 4 days ago,

and i was surprised after receiving an email from vmware that they wont release my certificate until i fulfil one more requirement which is attending training course.

Q1) Why would i attend a training course for something i already pass and am already familiar with ?

Q2) if attending training course is required, then why vmware allow me to register for exam at first place before attending the training course? it does not make any sense to attend a course for something i already pass !!!

Q3) training course is 2040 $ which is very expensive for me and i cant afford, does that means vmware will not release my certificate at all ?

please do consider that the training course is very expensive and its unfair to attend the training after passing its exam !!!!!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

A1. If you want the VCP, you must also meet the training requirement. VCPs in other technologies have training below, at, and above the level of knowledge required for the exam - some people take the exam and take training at a higher level to meet the training requirement. Every VCP has always had a training requirement.

A2. It is possible to meet the training requirement and the exam requirement of a VCP in any order you choose. Also, see my response above about higher level training.

A3. Correct.

The requirements for every VCP are clearly stated, for example: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-am-dev.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
aslam_ahmed
Contributor
Contributor

So,

Exam 2V0-72.22 : Professional Develop VMware Spring - Requires mandatory training as suggested by the link provided by scott.

Exam EDU-1202 : Spring Professional - This does not require any training.

Q1) But what's the difference between above 2 courses. They look pretty same except former indicates Spring Framework 5.3, Spring Boot 2.5, Spring Data 2021.0 and the latter indicates Spring Framework 5.x, Spring Boot 2.3.x, no mention of Spring Data.

Q2) Also Spring Framework 5.x means all the way to the latest or before 5.3?

More detailed info here:

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/certification/vmw-VCP-AM-DEVELOP-c...

P.S. The faq in above link sort of provide answer to significance of Exam 2V0-72.22, I guess it is the most current certificate. 

ZeroZhuang
Contributor
Contributor

Please may I ask which exam did you pass, the 2V0-72.22 or EDU-1202?

I find two options for the person who doesn't hold VCP spring 2020 from the link. One is a required course then take exam 2V0-72.22, the other is EDU-1202 but it is going to retiring on June 30.

Does it mean I can still attend exam EDU-1202 and get the certificate without the required course before June 30?

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, that is the case, before that older exam retires. Note it is on older versions of Spring and so may be a bit more difficult if you are working with and more used to current versions. 

0 Kudos
PC6
Contributor
Contributor

So, if iam taking the EDU-1202 before june 30, 2022 i will be getting the certificate right..?

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Correct, as per the path titled "no VCP certifications (Option 2)" on this page: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-am-dev.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
tawanda1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the infomation.so as of to date October 2022.is there any Spring Certification that does not require training. Kindly share a link. Big Thanks 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Not a VCP, and I doubt there ever will be now.

0 Kudos