VMware Edu & Cert Community
VirtualizeCats
Contributor
Contributor

VCP7-DTM preparation and AppVolumes 3.0

Hello,

did I really need know-how about AppVolumes 3.0? It is EOL and development is ongoing on Version 2 (see VMware Lifecycle Product Matrix​ PDF).

In other words, Is the exam guide on VMware Certified Professional 7 - Desktop and Mobility Exam​​ current or are there changes?

Thank you,

René 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I can't say for sure, but I would always go with what the exam guide says.

VCP7-DTM has been superseded - the current certification for DTM is this one: VCP-DTM 2018

There's also VMware Certified Professional - Digital Workspace 2018 (VCP-DW 2018)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Castor18
Contributor
Contributor

So....if I'm sitting the exam tomorrow it will be classified as VCP-DTM 2018 then when I pass?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No - VCP7-DTM and VCP-DTM 2018 are 2 entirely different certifications, each of which has a specific VCP exam.

Pass 2V0-751 and you'll achieve VCP7-DTM - assuming you've met the other requirements:

VMware Certified Professional 7 – Desktop and Mobility (VCP7-DTM)

Pass 2V0-51.18 and you'll achieve VCP-DTM 2018 - assuming you've met the other requirements:

VCP-DTM 2018

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
travis1w
Contributor
Contributor

This is confusing for those wishing to test the latest DTM certs. Both exams are still offered via Pearson. VCP7-DTM does not convert to VCP-DTM-2018. Only material for the VCP7-DTM are covered in the latest Horizon class, and is the recommended cert for the class. I can't imagine anyone wants to study for and pass an exam thats about to be removed. VMware should do a better job of aligning their training/exams/certification.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Feel free to email certification@vmware.com

The next set of VCP certifications/exams are due for release on January 1st.

0 Kudos