VMware Edu & Cert Community
Bill_Oyler
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VCP6 "final" exams ready in time for VMworld San Francisco in August?

Hello,

I see that VCP6 exams are currently in "beta".  I received an e-mail regarding 50% off on exams at VMworld 2015, but when I click on the list of "Available Exams" I see the list includes the VCP6 "Delta - Beta" exam.  Does anyone know if the "final" version of the VCP6 "Delta" exam will be available in time for testing at VMworld 2015?  If so, should I just hold off on registering until early August or late July?

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Oyler Systems Engineer
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The beta period ends this week, so I'd expect the final exam to be released by the time VMWorld comes around.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We are planning on having the live exams at the event, so they should not have been listed as beta. Can you let me know where you saw that so I can clarify it? Thanks!

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
0 Kudos
Bill_Oyler
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Here is the URL I visited per the e-mail blast from VMware Education:

https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=44325&ui=www_cert&spMailingID=22711504&spUserID=ODk3...

I then clicked "Available Exams", and then I clicked "VCP", then I clicked "VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) Delta Exam - 2V0-621D", which brought me to a page titled "VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Delta Beta Exam".  This screen says there is no passing score because it is a "beta" exam.  So I don't want to register for the "beta" exam, I want to register for the "actual" exam, to take at VMworld.  Do you suppose these web pages will be updated in the next few weeks?

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Oyler Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the further detail. The flow you followed helps me out.

The exam is currently in BETA, which is what the web pages are reflecting. However, by VMworld the VCP6-DCV exam will be in production, the transition will happen sometime over the summer. We'll make a note to that effect on the landing page. Registration for the VCP6-DCV exam at VMwrold will open on June 15 so the VMworld web page will be updated to reflect that date.

Sorry for the confusion, but thanks for bringing this to us - it's helped us.

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
0 Kudos