VMware Edu & Cert Community
JohnTotten
Contributor
Contributor

VCP6 Upgrade discount. Only for those that met the deadline?

I achieved my VCP5 in February. Meaning I do not have to rectify for 2 years. Will I still be able to get the discount on VCP6 upgrade exam (2V0-621D) Or will this offer only be available to those that had their deadlines pushed back. The verbiage makes it seem so.

Also the upgrade exams should be getting beta versions. Has anyone seen any news on this? Would I be ok taking the beta exam or should I wait until the final. We have until August 31st for the discount.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The VCP6 discount is for those who had and met the original March 10th 2015 recertification deadline, not those who recertified after March 10th.

Other promotions may be added, if so you will find them here: http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=41387

I've not seen or heard anything yet about beta exams, you'll only get a choice if you're invited to join the beta, otherwise you'll have to wait for the final exam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
JohnTotten
Contributor
Contributor

Just in case anyone else is looking at this. VMware has announced the beta VCP6 upgrade delta exam at a discount for all users that request it. Limited seats.

0 Kudos
Michael_Rudloff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

JohnTotten wrote:

Just in case anyone else is looking at this. VMware has announced the beta VCP6 upgrade delta exam at a discount for all users that request it. Limited seats.

Unless you are in the UK - then you pay a nice 248% markup Smiley Sad

___ My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The $50 does not include tax, so there was always going to be VAT on top of the fee.

Plus, the beta is still a lot cheaper than the final exam will be...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

The beta exams are 36GBP total in the UK.  No markup.

pearson.jpg

0 Kudos
nimos001
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I didn't want to start yet another thread on the VCP6 BETA so I am hoping to get an answer here. If I have already scheduled/paid to sit this BETA exam the beginning of next month am I guaranteed the opportunity to test? I saw that the BETA window can close at any point so I wasn't sure if that meant I might miss the chance to test even though I have it scheduled?

0 Kudos
udaykumarbl
Contributor
Contributor

As Long as it's scheduled,  you can test  with pearson and its a  guaranteed  confirmation.

Also you can keep   modifying the testing dates till 28th May,   as long as the test center has free slots.

0 Kudos