VMware Edu & Cert Community
silverline
Contributor
Contributor

VCP6 Upgrade Beta

I hold a VCP5-DCV certification that states it expires on 5/20 (This Wednesday).

After I read over the policies and options for renewing I decided to take the 2V0-621D Delta Beta exam.  I studied and completed the exam yesterday (5/15).

Upon completing the exam, no score was given.  It simply indicated that the responses will be reviewed, analyzed, and I will find out if I passed once the beta has completed.

So now I am pretty confused.  Will my certification still expire this Wednesday even though I have taken (and possibly passed) the delta exam which VMWare stated would be sufficient for the upgrade path?

Is there some place or someone I can contact to get an official response from VMWare on this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Technically, yes your certification will expire - but I have read that you should be OK so long as you end up receiving a pass result for the Delta Beta exam. If you don't pass, you will need to take vSphere 6 training as well as passing the final released exam in order to get certified.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
silverline
Contributor
Contributor

Scott, thanks for your reply.

You say you have read that I should be OK.  Do you have any links to other discussions or statements from VMWare that say this?

EDIT - I did just find the one post by ysfpatrick

0 Kudos