VMware Edu & Cert Community
Julio_cruz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP6-DCV and VCP7-DTM

Hello,

I will start to certificame in vMWare with VCP. Today I passed the vsphere 6 fundation exam. Now I need to do both exams: VCP6-DCV and VCP7-DTM.

I understand that one time that I approve one VCP exam, In the second dont need a course, so my idea is does and approve the VCP6-DCV exam, after, I will do the course "Horizon 7: Install, Configure, Manage [V7]" and at the end, I will do and approve the VCP7-DTM.

In that order and with this, I can recive the two certifications witout any more to do?

Thak you for yours answers.

Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Short answer

Yes

Long answer

The order you do things is not important overall - what does matter is meeting all the requirements.

This will be the result of you taking each step as you mentioned:

1. Pass vSphere Foundations exam > does not carry it's own certification

2. Pass DCV exam > still won't be certified as not met the DCV training requirement

3. Attend the Horizon ICM class > still won't be certified

4. Pass the DTM exam > you'll be DTM certified and DCV certified!

You'll get the DTM certification due to steps 1/3/4, and that will mean you bypass the training requirement for DCV so you'll get that certification thanks to step 2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Short answer

Yes

Long answer

The order you do things is not important overall - what does matter is meeting all the requirements.

This will be the result of you taking each step as you mentioned:

1. Pass vSphere Foundations exam > does not carry it's own certification

2. Pass DCV exam > still won't be certified as not met the DCV training requirement

3. Attend the Horizon ICM class > still won't be certified

4. Pass the DTM exam > you'll be DTM certified and DCV certified!

You'll get the DTM certification due to steps 1/3/4, and that will mean you bypass the training requirement for DCV so you'll get that certification thanks to step 2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
nezumi15
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Wrong. I did everything in this list and VMware refuses to give me my certification.

1. Took the Horizon View 7: Install, Manage and Configure Class through VMware

2. Passed the vSphere 6 Foundations (2V0-620)
3. Passed the vSphere 6 VCP6-DCV (2V0-621)
4. Passed the VCP7-DTM (2V0-751)

I received the VCP7-DTM Certification. VMware refused to give me the VCP6-DCV Certification. Even though the path on the website says "ANY CURRENT VCP" will allow you to take the 2V0-621 exam. They won't honor it. I was told by a rude Indian lady that She didn't care what the website said. She was going to tell me how its going to be. And if i don't do it her way I won't get a certification. I even had our VMware rep that works at our government facility run it up the chain. They blew him off and canceled his ticket. Over 500 reads on his email and 0 responses. She said since I am VCP7 certified I can only take VCP7 exams and I need to take the latest VCP-DCV exam. I said there is no VCP7 for vSphere and 6 is the latest. So he told me I have to do either 2 things.

1. Pay another $4000 and take the vSphere 6: Install, Manage, Configure class

2. Wait until the vSphere 7 comes out and take the VCP7-DCV exams 

I asked for Vouchers or someway to get my money back and VMware refused.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

These kinds of situations are in the process of being resolved - see the response from Karl Childs on this thread: Passed VCP-NV 2v0-642, but the certificate isn't issued

I don't know when you spoke to the certification support team, but please ask them to connect with Karl on this matter.

0 Kudos