VMware Edu & Cert Community
Lori87
Contributor
Contributor

VCP6-DCV VICM+Optimize and scale, How prepare

Hi, i need to do exam vcp6-dcv

i have partecipated course VM-VICM 6 and at course give me a student book lecture manual , I would like to know if this book is sufficient to prepare vcp6 exams.... ?

and what about optimize and scale part? at the course has not been explained..

there is a book to prepare optimize and scale part?

I have a lot of confusion about which texts to study in preparation

thanks in advance for the help

9 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You will need to pass 2 exams:

vSphere Foundations (code 2V0-620)

VCP6-DCV (code 2V0-621)

If you follow the links above for each exam you'll see that the ICM class aligns to the Foundations exam, but there is also an Optimize & Scale class that aligns to the VCP exam. You'll find exam objectives, practice exams, and other resources on the above pages too.

In terms of gaining any extra knowledge you will need, you can buy books such as Mastering vSphere 6, or you can take the Optimize & Scale training from VMware.

I have a page on my VMware Training & Certification blog which should help, and you'll find some additional practice questions on the Elastic Sky blog.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Lori87
Contributor
Contributor

hi, thank you for the help.

but i can study on the student lecture manual given me at the course ?

this is the specific of student book:

"Part Number EDU-EN-ICM6-LECT"

"VMware. VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6] Student Lecture Manual. VMware/Gilmore. VitalBook file. "

and on which book I can study for Optimize and scale ? this part there wasn't at the course

thanks

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes the ICM lecture material will help you with the Foundations exam as I mentioned before. Expand the Exam Topics section of the Foundations exam page to see what knowledge you'll need to have for that exam. Note you may need to do additional study and hands-on to become proficient in every exam topic.

You would get the Optimize & Scale lecture material if you took that class with VMware, just like you did the ICM material. If you decide not to take that class, you will have to rely on other materials such as the Mastering vSphere book I linked to or the vSphere documentation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
Lori87
Contributor
Contributor

hi, now i have passed this 2 exam with 100% score

VCP6-DCV Delta (2V0-621D) Practice Exam

vSphere Foundations (2V0-620) Practice Exam

now how can i do practice exam for 2v0-621 ??

p.s. the vmware site is very confused...

thank you

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Looks like the 621 and 621D practice exams are the same - each exam has it's own page and the "practice exam" link on both pages are the same URL.

I'm referring to this page for the 621 exam: VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Exam

0 Kudos
Lori87
Contributor
Contributor

yes, i need to do practice of 621 exam ... but i don't find it.... how can i practice and test what i study for 2 months....

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't think you understood what I said - the practice exam for 621 IS the practice exam for 621D.

Here's the 621 page: https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=64180&ui=www_cert

Here's the 621D page: VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Delta Exam

Go to either page, click "How to Prepare", and the link for the practice exam on BOTH pages points to this URL: myLearn

Lori87
Contributor
Contributor

yes, i have understand... and i have passed the practice test.... but this have only 20 question... too few to difference of 621 which has 85

They are not enough to practice

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There are some unofficial practice questions here: http://www.elasticsky.co.uk/practice-questions/

Those questions are one of a number of community contributions that I link to from this post on my blog: VMware Training and Certification: VCP6-DCV Information and Preparation