VMware Edu & Cert Community
AnveshD
Contributor
Contributor

VCP6-DCV Guidance Needed

Hey Guys,

I have completed my VCA5.5 last year and now I am going for VCP6. I am about to book my class for the exam.

Could you please suggest me if it is a prerequisite to pass the vSphere 6 Foundations exam (code 2V0-620) before giving the VMware Certified Professional 6 - Data Center Virtualisation exam (code 2V0-621) ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Anvesh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you planning on taking the exams the in the "wrong" order (621 then 620), or just asking if you need to do 620 at all?

I think you can take 621 before 620, although I'd wonder why anyone would want to do that.

You must pass both the 620 and 621 exams before (as well as completing your training) before you will have met all the requirements for the VCP6-DCV certification - you won't be awarded the certification til all 3 things are done - see Path 1 on this page: VCP6-DCV Certification

Your VCA doesn't exempt you from anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
AnveshD
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Scott,

Thanks for your response. Yes I was wondering if I need to do the 620 at all?

What would you suggest will be best? I book the training and give the exam for 620 the following week and give 621 the week after that?

Thanks

Anvesh

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes you need to follow Path 1 on the page I linked to - including the 620 exam.

The 620 exam is part of all 4 VCP6 certifications - DCV, DTM, CMA, and NV - so once you've passed it to get your DCV you won't need to do it again if you want DTM, CMA, or NV later.

I don't know which class you're taking, but take a good look through the outline of the class as well as objectives of each exam before deciding how quickly to do the exams - it is likely that you will need to do additional studying and lab work on top of the class to be fully prepared for the exams.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
AnveshD
Contributor
Contributor

Cheers Thanks Scott.

0 Kudos