VMware Edu & Cert Community
Earthrunner
Contributor
Contributor

VCP6-DCV Delta

I requested authorisation for the VCP6-DCV delta exam and have a candidate number assigned in the 'Getting Started' section of MyLearn but cannot see anything at PearsonVue to schedule the exam!  I also notice the Delta exam is not listed as a migration option for VCP6-DCV anymore!  I have all the references to the Delta in MyLearn.

Can anybody explain what is going on and if this is the right way of migrating from VCP5.5 to 6 as part of the offer for those who achieved re-certification by the 10 March deadline?

Regards

John

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

All 3 of the exams for VCP6-DCV (620, 621, 621D) are in beta at the moment - I suspect that 621D now has enough people signed up to take the beta, but I've asked the question internally...

621D is only for "current" VCPs, including VCP5-DCV holders (there is no "VCP5.5" as you describe) - so yes that will be the simplest migration path for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Earthrunner
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

I did mean the VCP5-DCV and thanks for you answer.

I've raised a ticket to find out since I have all the markers in MyLearn for me being approved to sit the Delta exam, just no confirmation email or ability to schedule at pearsonVue.  Is it normal exam conditions or 'open book'?

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

All the beta exams are "closed" in a testing centre...

I'm guessing that all the available slots to actually take the 621D beta are now booked - there were only a limited number available (in spite of you having the authorisation)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Earthrunner
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Scott.  I guess I'll have to wait for the Delta to reach official release status.

0 Kudos