VMware Edu & Cert Community
Mukz9
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCP6-DCV - Certificates on the Certificate Manager portal

Hi,

I cleared the VCP6-DCV (2V0-261) exam today and vSphere 6 Foundation Exam (2V0-260) yesterday.  However, the certificates for none of these exams are appearing in the Certificate Manager portal (https://www.certmetrics.com/vmware/candidate/cert_summary.aspx). Also I have attended the vSphere : Install, Configure, Manage (V6) training. So, essentially, I have completed all the required prerequisites for acquiring the VCP6- DCV certification. 

Can someone please let know how long does it take for the certificates to be visible on the certificate manager portal after clearing the relevant exams?

Also, will earning VCP6-DCV certification re-certify my VCP5-DCV certificate, which has already expired?

Thanks,

Mukz

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌I can answer your last question - no it does not, expired certifications remain expired.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌I can answer your last question - no it does not, expired certifications remain expired.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
Mukz9
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your response. The certificate for VCP6-DCV is now visible on the certificate manager portal. It took around 2 to 3 days for the certificate to appear on the portal after clearing the test.

Thanks,

Mukz

segzyb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

Please i want to go for VCP6-NV, can someone please guide me on how to go about it ?

I am more of a Cisco Guy and I am new to vmware and i want to complete the Network Virtualization Track.

Thanks in advance.

Segun

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Start here: VCP6-NV Certification

You can learn about the 2 exams you'll need to pass, and the objectives/topics covered in each.

If you have a Cisco certification, you may be able to get certified without having to meet the training requirement.

0 Kudos