VMware Edu & Cert Community
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP6-DCA Have I missed my chance to do the Delta exam online? I don't seem to be able to find the link anymore?

VCP6-DCA Have I missed my chance to do the Delta exam online?  I don't seem to be able to find the link anymore?  Some time ago I recollect registering for the VCP6 Delta exam, I vaguely recollect getting a link to do the exam online.  I had the link handy but pushed it to the back of my to-do list since I was at the time studying for the VCAP5 (which sadly I just failed).  Now I have received an email stating my VCP5 will expire in 30 days so I would like to upgrade however now I cant for the life of me get to the same page that formerly seemed to allow me to do the Delta exam online, any idea's?

I see this in my "Getting Started"

VCP6-DCV Delta Exam (2V0-621D)

• Authorization Status: Approved on 01-Jul-2015

0 Kudos
16 Replies
crispyire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The VCP6-DCV Delta exam (2V0-621D) only went live on 30 August which can be found here.

From memory on doing my VCP5.5-DCV Delta exam, you will find the link to the exam when you log into the Pearson Vue website

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is no VCP6-DCA, but given your interest in the Delta exam it's VCP6-DCV that you wish to gain, and I assume it's your VCP5-DCV that expires soon.

The final version (not beta version) of the exam launched a couple of days ago - have a look here: VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Delta Exam

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yea I click on the link from my exam authorizations then sign in with my candidate ID add my contact information and then I get ...

Add VMware, Inc. to My Testing Profile

Alert!

We are currently processing another request from you. Please DO NOT submit additional requests. If it has been more than two (2) FULL business days since your original request was submitted, please contact Customer Service.

But I got this early this morning (the first time I have logged in for ages) I'm sure a month or so back I simply had the option of starting an online exam

0 Kudos
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unless of course that was the Beta?

0 Kudos
crispyire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This sometimes happens when you take advanced level exams (You said you took the VCAP exam)... I had a similar issue after I took my VCAP exam and took another VCP. Contact Pearson Vue and they will sort this out for you and then you can take the exam. I think it is because when you take advanced level exams you get another candidate ID and the system gets fubar'd.

0 Kudos
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Oh Jeebus!  I have not had good experiences with PearsonVUE customer services personally.  Last time I had to deal with them it was like nailing a jelly to the wall.

0 Kudos
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just to confirm my understanding is that the Delta is an online slightly cut down version of the regular exam is this correct?

0 Kudos
crispyire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I feel your pain!

I had to open a trouble ticket with Pearson Vue and VMware Education to get it resolved….. 6 calls, 2 web chats, 1 Facebook message and a tweet later, I finally got it sorted and booked my exam. Take a look at VMware VCP 550 Delta Exam (VCP550D). Passed! Surreal exam experiences

0 Kudos
crispyire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes. The Delta exam focuses on the newer features of that exam making the assumption that you already know the foundations. Because of this there is assumed knowledge, so if you haven't kept up to date or haven't used the product regularly it would be worthwhile refreshing your knowledge there too.

The Delta exam is shorter and covers fewer objectives: 65 questions in 90 minutes versus 85 questions in 100 minutes.

The exam is proctored, so is normally delivered at a Pearson Vue Test Centre but read Jill's comments at VCP6-DCV Certification Now Available - VMware Education and Certification Blog - VMware Blogs‌ The website hasn't been updated, so I would suggest contacting VMware Education to get a definitive answer.

0 Kudos
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have emailed customer services pvemeacustomerservice@pearson.com wish me luck.  Just to confirm I should be able to complete both the (VCP550D) and (2V0-621D) online is this correct?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The link for 2V0-621D has already been posted, here's the link for VCP550D: Delta Exam - New VCP-DCV Exam

You definitely take VCP550D online.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well I got this generic rubbish back from Pearson VUE customer services, not convinced they read my email :smileycry:

Thank you for contacting Pearson VUE.

We have received your request to add the VMware Testing Program to your existing Pearson VUE account. Unfortunately we are unable to complete this request due to recent changes in the VMware exam authorization process.

Last year, VMware began requiring new Candidate IDs (beginning in “VMW-“) and pre-authorization for their exams. When you were given your Candidate ID, VMware created a new testing account for you within the Pearson VUE database that has your ID and pre-approved exam file already loaded onto it. This account is specific to VMware, Inc. testing and requires a unique username for access. Unfortunately, your VMware Inc. testing account cannot be combined with any other profile in the Pearson VUE system. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

To access your VMware Inc. testing account:

1. 1.     Visit: http://www.pearsonvue.com/vmware/capva/
  2. 2.     Select either “Associate and Professional Level Exams” or “VCA Online Exams” Please Note: VMware Advanced Level exams are scheduled from unique accounts as well.
  3. 3.     Fill out the “New Users” form, and include your Candidate ID. Please be sure to enter the same name and contact information you used to register for testing with VMware.
  4. 4.     Complete any additional required questions.
  5. 5.     A username and temporary password will be emailed to you within 24 hours.
  6. 6.     You may then log into your VMware Inc. testing account here.

If you continue to have difficulty accessing your VMware Inc. testing account, please respond to this email and include the following details so we may locate your profile and authorization:

• Your name as it appears on your VMware Inc. registration
  • Your VMware Candidate ID
  • The e-mail address on your registration
  • The phone number or postal mailing address on your registration
  • Which exams you will be taking with us

Immediate assistance is available via Live Chat at http://www.pearsonvue.com/vmware/contact/.

Thank you,

Pearson VUE Customer Service

Americas Region

Pearson VUE

Pearson

Always Learning
Learn more at
www.pearsonvue.com

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Go through the authorisation process for the exam again now, and if there are any problems with that email certification@vmware.com

0 Kudos
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank-you for your help/advice Scott I really appreciate it.  Sadly when I try to re-request authorization for either the VCP6-DCV Delta Exam (2V0-621D) or the VCP5-DCV Delta Exam (VCP550D) I get the below Smiley Sad   I will shoot them an email, I hope this wont leave me with an impossibly tight deadline to study for the exam.  I will email  certification@vmware.comcertification@vmware.com with a link to this post also to see if they can help.

Certification

Error! The test you requested is unavailable.

Course: VCP5-DCV Delta Exam (VCP550D)

Explanation: You already have an existing authorization, please go to the Getting Started section to view it.

0 Kudos
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hmm,

Just tried the Pearson link again for the VCP6-DCV Delta Exam (2V0-621D) and got this instead of the previous?  Maybe its fixed now, did you pull some strings Scott thank you if you did and or regardless.  Going to try the VCP5-DCV Delta Exam (VCP550D) now also, wish me luck

VMware, Inc. logo

https://www8.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/addNewClient/ProfileMessage/VMWAREINC/2014171#skipToMainConten...

Signed In as: Luke Glazebrook
Candidate ID: Pending

Add VMware, Inc. to My Testing Profile

Your request to add VMware, Inc. has been forwarded to our Testing Program team. If you provided a valid email address, we will notify you when your request has been processed. This typically occurs within one business day. You can also return to this site and check if VMware, Inc. has been added to your list of Testing Programs. Thank you for your interest in VMware, Inc..

Copyright © 1996-2015 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved. Terms | Privacy | Contact

0 Kudos
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No Bannana,

Seems the system can only handle one request at a time, I was hoping to have the VCP5-DCV Delta Exam (VCP550D) lined up simultaneously as a plan B.  Panicking a bit now about the prospect of loosing my certification.  Given the effort I already put into the VCAP that would suck big time 

"We are currently processing another request from you. Please DO NOT submit additional requests. If it has been more than two (2) FULL business days since your original request was submitted, please contact Customer Service"

0 Kudos